Lightspeed Trader Demo

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by Robert Morse, Nov 15, 2016.

1. Robert Morse

Robert Morse Sponsor

Telepuzik likes this.
  2. emg

emg

i thought they went out of biz

3. More than 90% of small brokers close! They just close!

4. Telepuzik

Telepuzik

I actually tried Lightspeed Trading app. It is very much akin to IB TWS Mosaic - not very useful on notebook screens or any single screen setup. At least for me. Needs several screens for most purposes imo. If only you had something more like IBs classic tabbed-based spreadsheet layout. It's the best. Lightspeed app is speedy as light though.

Last edited: Nov 17, 2016
  5. 777

Does Lightspeed support MOO orders and MOC orders?

Market on Open NYSE orders

Market on Close NYSE orders

6. Robert Morse

Robert Morse Sponsor

Yes, of course.

Bob

7. I used LS for several years and found them to be pretty good. The customer support was top notch, the reps were very helpful but the tech support people were among the worst I have ever encountered.

I finally gave up on them when they put through a mandatory platform update that left me unable to use the platform. There was no notice of when the update would become mandatory, the old version just would not work one day. Then the update would not work on XP, even though their website listed it as an acceptable O/S. I could have switched some programs around to different computers, but I decided it was easier just to drop them. Even though I had been a customer for years, no one made the slightest effort to persuade me to remain.

The impression I was left with was that their tech people work in some alternative universe and are not managed by the people actually running the business and interacting with customers.

Otherwise, LS was pretty good. The LS platform itself was rock solid for me, never a problem. It's very customizable. Charting was not world class but adequate for daytrading.

Robert Morse has been on ET for a long time and seems first rate.

8. Robert Morse

Robert Morse Sponsor

AAAintheBeltway,

I’m very sorry for the issues you had when we stopped supporting WIN XP. Windows announced that they would no longer support and have security updates for WIN XP. With that decision, we had to update all our code to be compatible with the newer 32 bit and 64 bit OS. I’m also sorry that our IT department could not help you, but the reality is that there is no workaround. XP is now considered “not secure” and we could not continue to support it.

If you email me your contact information, I’m happy to offer you a promotion to come back, but you will require WIN 7 or Apple OS 10.8 or higher. The savings from the promotion should help pay for your upgrade if you are active.

upload_2016-12-2_11-53-29.png

9. Hey, I'm still p¡ssed it doesn't run on Windows 3.1 !

10. Robert Morse

Robert Morse Sponsor

Bloomberg looks like PC-DOS

#10     Dec 2, 2016
    JackRab likes this.