Lightspeed or Sterling?

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by shneed, Nov 30, 2011.

Lighyspeed or Sterling?

1. Lightspeed

8 vote(s)
    80.0%
  2. Sterling

2 vote(s)
    20.0%
  1. hitnrun

hitnrun

you can try lightspeed & see if it works for you . if not go back to sterling

you have nothing to lose. everyone likes software for different reasons

#11     Dec 1, 2011
  2. O'Leary

O'Leary

With all due respect to previous posters, Lightspeed indeed offers multiple routes and provides the ability for traders to set up custom routing instructions for a broad array of routes, venues, and order types. We've specifically focused on improving the charting capabilities over the past few months. "Back in the day" our charting package was admittedly limited, however, we've expanded from one day charts, to five, then 7, and with our 8.0 release, that's up to ten full days of charting history --- all FREE OF CHARGE when you use our software. Why is that significant? Because many of our traders in the past told us they used supplemental 3rd party charting software, incurring additional monthly expenses which they're now happily avoiding using our software.

On the topic of execution speed, we would welcome anyone on this thread to speak directly with us to put our most current release, properly configured, next to any direct access trading platform and see for themselves how fast our platform is. We maintain a dedicated Tech Support Group that specifically monitors our infrastructure throughout the day and instantly performs speed test analysis for any client who calls us.

We fully respect that this is a forum for traders. That's one of several reasons why we're a forum sponsor. We'd invite anyone who wants more info on our platform and what we're enhancing to speak directly with us. 646 341 8622

#12     Dec 2, 2011
  3. O'Leary is right. LS offers multiple routes, which you can hotkey, etc. Charting is adequate for daytrading.

#13     Dec 2, 2011
  4. I was a user of light speed and i love it

#14     Dec 2, 2011
  5. O'Leary

O'Leary

I apologize in advance. I probably wasn't clear enough in my comments about our charts, but just to be clear, my earlier references to the expanded charts now available were meant in the context of an intra-day basis such as 1 minute bars. We have 10 years of history for daily and longer term bars. (I wouldn't want to mistakenly leave the ET community with the impression that we only have 8 or so days of chart history)

Thanks.

#15     Dec 2, 2011