Lightspeed Market Order Fill Issue

Discussion in 'Order Execution' started by Deenius, Feb 28, 2019.

1. Deenius

Deenius

Hello colleagues,

I really need your help. I'm not able to close my position by market order with my Lightspeed platform. I really don't know, what I'm doing wrong.

I attached an example video. Although there is a lot of liquidity on the Bid side, the market order does not want to be filled. His execution lasts forever.

Could you help me please?

2. Robert Morse

Robert Morse Sponsor

Are you a lightspeed client or at a prop firm?

3. smallfil

smallfil

Sorry, too small for me to even see it. My eyes are not what it used to be. Just a suggestion. Why not put in a limit order and just match the bid price? That way, you have control over the price.

4. Deenius

Deenius

5. Robert Morse

Robert Morse Sponsor

This is not a platfrom issue. you need to contact Alaric Trader as it sounds like a routing issue. Our clients are not having issues at Lightspeed.

CSEtrader likes this.
  6. Deenius

Deenius

Could this issue be becouse of short sell restriction (Up-Tick Rule)?

7. Robert Morse

Robert Morse Sponsor

You need an uptick.

upload_2019-2-28_11-38-19.png

8. H2O

H2O

Doesnt the position window show he's 200 shares long?
    Assuming this is not a sim account, i'd get on the phone to your broker.

9. Robert Morse

Robert Morse Sponsor

Just to be clear, this is not a Lightspeed/Lime Client. It it were, we could help him. He needs to call his broker or Sterling Trading Tech for support.

10. Deenius

Deenius

Thank you Robert. If you do not mind, I would have two additional questions.

1. What does the "CB" abbreviation really mean?
    2 If I need uptick to get out of my position (sell/cover), how it is possible to see trades on the Bid side (red numbers)?

Thank you!

#10     Feb 28, 2019