Lightspeed-laser-assent-sterling

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by NY_HOOD, Jul 11, 2008.

1. I agree lightspeed has a good function like the hotkey which are very nice
    I have used lase also and laser is fucking fast.
    It just seem that i perfer more lightspeed then laser
    I have used blackwood also
    It is ok

#21     Sep 16, 2008
  2. NY_HOOD

NY_HOOD

i saw a trader using light speed a month or so agao and i liked it alot. only thing that does'nt make sense is the limitations on customizing/filtering the "risers and fallers". assent lets yopu set so mant parameters its not even funny. why light speed does'nt make that kind of modification is beyond me; an active trader needs that.

#22     Sep 17, 2008
  3. OMG r u kidding???

Every minute greybox is up is a miracle. Lots of hold traders opted for sterling.

Blackwood - more of a hammer thing- waaay behind on times, slow and crashes.

Its like a much much worse version of Anvil.

#23     Sep 18, 2008
  4. any of these platforms have a feature to alert you when stocks break out of yesterdays range?

#24     Sep 18, 2008
  5. NY_HOOD

NY_HOOD

yes,light speed does.

#25     Sep 18, 2008
  6. I'd like to open on lightspeed,

can you set me up?

#26     Sep 18, 2008
  7. lol i am demoing lightspeed right now, it is 1/2 to a full second faster than sterling on t+s.

#27     Sep 19, 2008
  8. jd7419

jd7419

I have been with lightspeed since they merged with schonfeld. I prefer schonfelds old platform better than lightspeed with my main gripe being execution. Alot of times on lightspeed I am paying through the market. This did not happen on schonex (the best platform IMHO), lightspeed has a smart route key that gets around this but my executions are still not as good as schonys old patform. I trade over 10,000,000 shares a month so these bad executions add up.
    As far as speed lightspeed is pretty fast most of the time but again not as fast as schonfelds old platform. For comparison I ran both of them next to each other for a week when I had access to both platforms. The funny thing was after talking to tech support they told me there shouldn't be any speed difference because all the data was coming from their same servers. Anyway smart order is best most of the time but when you are trying to get out of 5000 shares of skf I recommend using rash through the market.

#28     Sep 19, 2008
  9. is there a way to do this besides entering the price and then setting an alert? IE have it notify me when any stock on my list breaks out, without having to enter new prices each night? I can't seem to find it.

#29     Sep 19, 2008
  10. tomu

tomu

You can do this on trade-ideas.

#30     Sep 20, 2008