lightspeed /anvil

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by tradekilla, May 5, 2007.

1. So I am hearing pretty bad things about lightspeeds charts. I will probably go with esignal charts. Its frustrating that all these platforms have like the worst charts ever.

#11     Oct 18, 2008
  2. Some charting platforms are better than others.

#12     Oct 18, 2008
  3. Anvil chats are very basic. they are also compose of intraday data only.

I got around this by writing a component where I send data from esignal into an ANVIL extension.

I can send any indicators from any eSignal charts into my anvil extension.

My extension analyzes the indicators and place orders as necessary.

My components do not work for scalping because the eSignal and Anvil data may not be totally in sync. But it does the job for less frequency trading models than scalping.

#13     Oct 18, 2008
  4. Anyone know how the lightspeed demo is? How long I can use it for? Im not in a rush to get back into trading equities and want to take my time learning the platform and getting back into my groove.

What are the best charting options out there right now? I am pretty sure I will be going with the lightspeed platform for my execution but charts are up in the air. I am familar with esignal, never really used it to its full potential but I am comfortable with it. Really unsure which charting package to go with to suit my needs. I dont use anything too fancy.

#14     Oct 19, 2008