Light on ads, the AAF connects with football-hungry fans

Discussion in 'Sports' started by dealmaker, Feb 12, 2019.

1. dealmaker

dealmaker

[​IMG]
    Light on ads, the AAF connects with football-hungry fans
    [​IMG]
    Saturday night's debut of the Alliance of American Football helped nearly 3 million sports junkies avoid the comedown of gridiron withdrawal. And while the inaugural broadcast largely delivered what the league's backers promised, tracking the new venture's ratings progress may present something of a challenge in the weeks ahead. (Ad Age)

2. Still has way too many nobodies or used to be's for people to care enough for it to last. I watched it for a few minutes and did not recognize anyone I cared abotu and the football was no different than what you see in a top college game or basic NFL game. Even die hard NCAA or NFL fans are diehard for their teams not just any random football. I give it 2 years.

3. I watched parts of a few games and liked it. The refs stay out of the way. The teams are remarkably professional, given the constraints they must be under. There's something refreshing about a league with no Antonio Browns or Leveon Bells .

dealmaker likes this.
  4. wildchild

wildchild

Can a kid enter the league straight from high school? That question alone will make or break the league. If a kid with serious talent can decide to go to the league right after high school and get paid and get endorsements, instead of playing by NCAA rules, they could be on to something. They still have an uphill battle, but they have talent.

If not, it doesnt matter, the league will crumble.