Liffe - The True Power Of The Algos

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by THE-BEAKER, Jun 12, 2009.

1. Johno

Johno

nah, there were a couple of tossers playing games earlier on in the thread!

Regards

Johno

#51     Jun 29, 2009
  2. I'm not talking about tossers posting on ET -that's a given and I'm sure that a few of them work for algo firms, answering phones, picking up lunch maybe even trading.

They published figures then revised them and we are supposed to believe that it was some part of a genius scheme to outwit us.

Looks more like a stupid mistake to me.

#52     Jun 29, 2009
  3. Johno

Johno

Your thoughts are just as plausable.

Regards

Johno

#53     Jun 29, 2009
  4. you guys are missing the point ,the LIFFE is a public company, would you invest in a company that had only one large customer, thats your business model. or would you like to see thousands of customers. volume is down across the board in the old days before algos if you had high uncertainty in the market , you always had high volume. this is the first time i have seen volume go down. the algos have failed the test of the market they need to be there when the market needs them most and not run for cover. the exchanges are realizing all of this that is why you see all the changes, increasing tick sizes, turning off matching engines.

#54     Jun 29, 2009
  5. #55     Jul 1, 2009
  6. Never heard that one before...

#56     Jul 3, 2009
  7. lmie

lmie

think its safe to say shatz vols were due to eonia carry play and not bobl full tick... maybe u could check the OI?

adapt or die...or should it be embrace or die?

#57     Jul 6, 2009
  8. So what happened to theBuzz?
    He never thought the algos would do him in did he......
    If the disappearance of theBuzz doesn't prove the OPs case, then I don't know what it will take you youngsters to understand.

BTW, who funds RSJ? Who put up the initial money for them to start up?

#58     Jul 6, 2009
  9. probably eastern european mafia money or ex russia mafia money.

or goldmans.

similiar group.

#59     Jul 7, 2009