LIFFE Sterling Half Tick Decision

Discussion in 'Financial Futures' started by billynomate, Jan 29, 2009.

1. Glenogy

Glenogy

i agree..... but on a more hopefull outlook it cant get any worse by bringing back full ticks

#11     Jan 29, 2009
  2. that's true,hope it works out for you

#12     Jan 29, 2009
  3. are you saying that the move to half tick resulted in:

1. less opportunity for local MM to make spread

2. and therefore less quoting by local MMs

3. and therefore less displayed liquidity

4. and therefore less (marker) orders from the rest of market participants

#13     Jan 29, 2009
  4. Glenogy

Glenogy

thanks..but to be honest i have gone from making great money in the sterling everyday to now struggling to make 300 quid a day in there !!!!
    i'd be better off on the bins!!!!

#14     Jan 29, 2009

5. 300 quid a day ....!!!!!! no need for flash fuckers in here.you must be using an algo or bullshitting..............my best day last year was down 36 quid...............my monthly goals are now to lose 2-3k......on a good one.!!!!!!

P.S. im topping myself .(tower bridge) this friday......anyone else fancy it?

#15     Jan 29, 2009
  6. Glenogy

Glenogy

sorry billy i cant make this friday......im at a mates topping out party.......could possibly make tuesday week ...keep me in touch

#16     Jan 29, 2009
  7. I will contact you but its gonna have to be via Derek Acorah.

#17     Jan 29, 2009
  8. The Short Sterling has been fucked about with too much to recover.Half-tick,full-tick,whatever,it doesn't matter,the damage has been done.Too many people have left to pursue other markets and if they haven't found a viable one,they've gone and got a job.In these economic conditions,who the hell is going to give up their job to trade the shit-heap markets they offer??

LIFFE jumped into bed with the algos but I bet they didn't expect to get fucked up the arse.......

#18     Jan 29, 2009
  9. imacasio

imacasio

Has anyone heard any updates on the decision to move Sterling back to full ticks? Liffe were meant to be announcing something this week but I am unable to get a reply from them.

I agree with some of the views on here that it may be too little too late. Many people have moved on. They are either comfortable trading other markets or they are doing something else. I suspect that Liffe will roll out an updated new-blood scheme in the UK, but particuarly abroad, where they will trade for free for alot longer. It will probably be a while before all this filters through to a pick up in volume. No doubt they will offer more incentives to market makers also. The only people that won't be getting any hand outs will be the same people they burnt in the first place, the locals. If any one hears any different please let me know.

The contract won't become like the Swissie. There is enough volume in the spreads now to show that there is still a market there. There is still money to be made in the Sterling but it's nowhere like the good old days.

#19     Feb 5, 2009

10. Hearing announcement tomorrow(fingers crossed)

#20     Feb 5, 2009