Liffe - Euribor - Total Volume Collapse

Discussion in 'Financial Futures' started by THE-BEAKER, Mar 6, 2012.

1. Dooba yooba havaba English translationaba ofba thatba? :confused: :D

#21     Mar 29, 2012
  2. click on "EN" in the upper right hand corner

#22     Mar 29, 2012
  3. Thangaba yooba. :cool:

#23     Mar 29, 2012
  4. Look at the thread title again.

Not many locals in Europe give a toss about eurodollars or treasuries for that matter from an executing trades perspective.

Look at the liffe euribor volumes and you will see rsj's %.

It isn't small.

They themselves boasted that they do 40%+ of liffes volume.They only pulled that admission once liffe got flooded with calls from pissed off traders.

Remember after 50% of volume they become virtually the central counterparty to everyone.At 40% they pretty much are anyway.

Gotta love that level playing field that electronic trading and appaulling management has created.

#24     Mar 29, 2012
  5. mgrund

mgrund

Most of the guys at my ex arcade have now totally left LIFFE due to the ALGO's turning it to dogdirt. They have all moved onto more lucrative ventures.Alot of guys used to trade STERLING, but the last one out of the 8 guys that used to trade it left 2 months ago.

Shame that these dogdirt algo's have ruined what was once a lucrative market to trade.

#25     Mar 29, 2012
  6. You've given this joker far too much credit.

I would've begun at rent boys then moved up.

#26     Mar 30, 2012
  7. and what these ventures might be? hot-dog carts in the City? barber shops? candy floss?

#27     May 16, 2012
  8. euribored

euribored

Apologies for digging up an old thread, but I’ve been looking around ET of late and came across this thread.

Personally I see no value in pointing out to LIFFE that a market that’s 50k up in all outrights and all spreads is actively discouraging trade, because it falls on deaf ears. Lawyers are prepared to argue that no rules have been broken, and so nothing changes.

I’ve traded Euribor and the other STIRS for a long time, and though I hated the size being there, there was always some money to be had. But I think things have changed lately, and after some deep consideration, and given the macro outlook and CB actions, I think it’s time to start looking elsewhere. The time wasted waiting for trades to come on, and then get in and out, has extended from days to weeks. And I feel I can be much more productive with my time.

So it’s a question of where to focus the attention. Does anyone have any good suggestions of where a STIR trader can apply the short-end spread style of trading? Has anyone tried oil or the commodities that have intracontract spreading? Any success stories?

Regards,

Euribored.

#28     Oct 8, 2012
  9. lots of unsuccess stories of stir traders trading oil.

#29     Oct 8, 2012
  10. #30     Oct 10, 2012