Lifetime Losing Trader

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by flipside21, Jun 19, 2011.

1. NKNY

NKNY

Hi Garry, Loved your book, read it many moons ago... I take it your arbing a bit these days judging by your user name...:)

Nick

#11     Jun 22, 2011
  2. he is not a trader, he is a gambler. U should change your title to:

Lifetime losing gambler
    [/QUOTE]

Exactly, great point.

I can't say I've taken a survey on this, but I'd venture to say most losing traders are missing the same two things... a risk management strategy as part of their plan, and control of their emotions. If your chances of winning are less than 50%, and if you can't bring yourself to pull out of the market and re-evaluate the strategy after losing for a time, it's a sign of gambling.

#12     Jun 22, 2011
  3. http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=47844

#13     Jun 22, 2011
  4. GTG

GTG

I loved your book too. Glad to hear that you are still doing well.

#14     Jun 22, 2011
  5. I fail to understand the purpose of this post. I play basketball with an amauter team against a college team every other weekend. We always lose. But that is recreational activity. If someone is a recreational trader and not a pro, the longer term return will be zero or less. Becoming a profitable trader requires amongst other things learning a few secrets, at least two I think. The type of secrets never discussed around. For example try to learn to cut diamonds without knowing the secrets. if you ever succeed it would cost you a fortune to learn how to do it right. Some things are like that. Especially when money is involved.

#15     Jun 22, 2011