Lifestyle of daytrader

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by innovest_11, Jul 15, 2012.

1. Some days on the street u will meet some old colleagues/ friends , as expected, they will ask "not working today?", and I'll just say day off, anything to say but not day trader :)

#41     Jul 28, 2012
  2. Saw your posting in P/L thread , u doing great

#42     Jul 28, 2012
  3. Appreciate your advice, most of them are excellent ideas, i'm trying out some of them, also trying to explore more into some of my hobbies, thanks again

#43     Jul 28, 2012
  4. Nym

Nym

Maybe I haven't reach that phase in my life and in my career but I am finding quite hard to have some spare time. If I have to describe my life is more like: "never give up".

I do not believe in the "perfect trade" or some stories like that, like I guess the majority of us. Do you have any advice to share for becoming a Zen trader?

P.S: I do some meditation and some sport and i occasionally keep my space but my spare time is very limited.

#44     Jul 28, 2012
  5. d08

d08

I think you've mistaken me with sellindexvol or rallymode.
    Aren't you constantly scared of your edge fading away? I'm obsessed with the idea of when will it happen or has it already happened.

#45     Jul 28, 2012
  6. Baron

Baron ET Founder

Look at what you wrote above.... yoga, light jogging/walking.... then lunch, sleep, and reading. The reason why you are feeling the way you are feeling is because you aren't pushing yourself enough towards goals that require HARD SUSTAINED EFFORT..... goals that really push your personal boundaries of what is possible and give you a true sense of accomplishment if you achieve them. Forget the yoga. Start weight training and try to put on 5lbs of muscle this year while losing 5lbs of fat. Do your cardio with intensity and try to beat your past personal record. Instead of going to the library to do some reading, how about going to the library to do some WRITING. Don't just be a consumer of airspace and knowledge, be a creator of something that people will find valuable, and something new that is unique to your life experiences. If you do that, you are going to find your daily routine to be much more rewarding.

#46     Jul 28, 2012
  7. Or just play Diablo III all day and night like I do. One day I will kill Diablo. :)

#47     Jul 28, 2012
  8. d08

d08

While I do weights and cardio, I'm beginning to think the weights part is wrong - can cause headaches too. While I have never tried, yoga might be much better for mental health and focusing ability.

#48     Jul 29, 2012
  9. J-Law

J-Law

Baron has it.
    That sort of process will have you being in the moment instead of
    "marking time." It will tap levels of creativity & push you. You will be happier because it builds a sense of accomplishment/fulfillment.

You will be in a happier camper all around.

#49     Aug 18, 2012
  10. That sound too much like WORK.

:D

#50     Aug 18, 2012