Lifestyle of daytrader

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by innovest_11, Jul 15, 2012.

1. You should be a more active dad. Aside from being there for them, come up with ways to enrich your kids' intellectual development and stuff like that.

#11     Jul 15, 2012
  2. how the hell do you guys work out before you eat? I've tried it many times and I feel like I'm going to throw up. I eat at 7 and go to the gym at like 10ish.

I guess your kids must be older because I've got 2 little ones now and I barely have time to take a crap. I'm counting the days until they start kindergarten so I can have my old life of golf, booze and shooting big guns at small animals back. There is so much fun shit to do in this world I wish I didn't have to sleep. Don't get me wrong I love my kids to death but the 0 - 6 years aren't for me. In fact I just read something about how men that stay home with babies become testosterone deficient and that might explain why I became such a moody ass hole with the 1st one. I put the new baby in day care part time even though I'm home most of the day because I would shoot myself if I had to go through that again.

I have no idea what style trader you are but with the speed of smart phones and tablets now I rarely sit in front of the computer for more than an hour. If you are a p/a guy then I don't know what to tell you.

#12     Jul 15, 2012
  3. Maverick74

Maverick74

Just curious where you live. If you live in Ohio and work from home, yeah, it's a grind. People will look at you weird. Not much to do during the day. But if you live in a big city, you will fit right in. When I lived in NY it was so easy to hang out in the city, go to the park and read, hang out in coffee shop, see a play, movie, whatever and fit right in. Everywhere is packed. You wonder if any of those people work!!! LOL.

But if you live in suburbia, yeah, the neighbors will talk. So if that bothers you, the best thing might be to move. Honestly if you can afford it, you might just want to pony up for an office somewhere, maybe find some other traders who will share the expense. At least you have somewhere to go.

#13     Jul 15, 2012
  4. Bob111

Bob111

wake up,brush your teeth, glass of water. then something light. like running for 2-3 miles. or some short 15-25 min cardio.no weight lifting,screw that.

#14     Jul 15, 2012
  5. same as me ,wake up,scrach my ass,sleep again for couple hours,get served breakfast,open a trade ,go relax in a pool.come back close a trade for a profit,getr served lunch,then 2-3 hours siesta sleep,then get ready for a party till 1-2 am ,getting tired of lifestyle of a daytrader

#15     Jul 15, 2012
  6. ocean5

ocean5

an excellent monkey lifestyle.

#16     Jul 15, 2012
  7. what about you?

#17     Jul 16, 2012
  8. ocean5

ocean5

I`m always in.

:D

#18     Jul 16, 2012
  9. Bob111

Bob111

in what? :p

#19     Jul 16, 2012
  10. Things that I personally would consider are:

* Doing scientific research and publishing articles. (Not everybody's idea of fun, but your work will serve a greater good.)
    * If you're a coder: make your own app/software program. (Want to make the world a better place? Make it an educational one.) Alternatively, contribute to open-source projects.
    * If you're a big player with money to burn: sponsor some artists. (I'd love to be executive producer of low-budget indie movies or something.)
    * Voluntary work in your local community. Will work wonders for your reputation, I'd say (from "that deadbeat" to "that cool rich guy").

#20     Jul 16, 2012