Life's Tips

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Pension_Admin, Jul 24, 2010.

1. life tip no 2. never never piss into the wind.

#51     Aug 6, 2010
  2. Life tip 2012. If you like sex, with another person anyway, don't play the accordion. Guitar? Yes. Accordion? Get some spank material.

#52     Aug 6, 2010
  3. The dreams of youth are the regrets of maturity.

for you oldtimers
    :D

#53     Aug 7, 2010
  4. Cut your grass with a push mower and take your dog for a long walk every day.

#54     Aug 7, 2010
  5. One Tibetan monk said to HH the Dalai lama.

Monk: Danger in Tibet.

HH : What kind of Danger?

Monk: Danger of losing compassion towards Chinese people.

#55     Aug 8, 2010
  6. You say "looks like somebody has too much time on their hands" but all I hear is "I'm sad because I don't know what creativity feels like."

#56     Aug 8, 2010
  7. Wherever there is a human being, there is an opportunity for a kindness. ~Seneca

Thousands of candles can be lit from a single candle,
    and the life of the candle will not be shortened.
    Happiness never decreases by being shared.~Buddha

If you live the sacred and despise the ordinary,
    you are still bobbing in the ocean of delusion.
    Zen Master Lin-Chi

If you have fear of some pain or suffering, you should examine whether there is anything you can do about it. If you can, there is no need to worry about it; if you cannot do anything, then there is also no need to worry. (Dalai Lama):)

#57     Aug 8, 2010
  8. Life Tip #2: Ignore tips. :)

#58     Aug 8, 2010
  9. Remember always that you are just a visitor here, a traveler passing through. your stay is but short and the moment of your departure unknown.

Speak quietly and kindly and be not forward with either opinions or advice. If you talk much, this will make you deaf to what others say, and you should know that there are few so wise that they cannot learn from others.

Be near when help is needed, but far when praise and thanks are being offered.

Take small account of might, wealth and fame, for they soon pass and are forgotten. Instead, nurture love within you and and strive to be a friend to all. Truly, compassion is a balm for many wounds.

Treasure silence when you find it, and while being mindful of your duties, set time aside, to be alone with yourself.

Cast off pretense and self-deception and see yourself as you really are.

Despite all appearances, no one is really evil. They are led astray by ignorance. If you ponder this truth always you will offer more light, rather then blame and condemnation.

You, no less than all beings have Buddha Nature within. Your essential Mind is pure. Therefore, when defilements cause you to stumble and fall, let not remorse nor dark foreboding cast you down.

Faith is like a lamp and wisdom makes the flame burn bright. Carry this lamp always and in good time the darkness will yield and you will abide in the Light.

-Dhammavadaka
    :)

#59     Aug 8, 2010
  10. jem

jem

I would like to expand on one of my favorites.

You get what you want out the markets. by seykota in market wizards.
    I read that in early 90s.
    I have been observing life with that mindset ever since.

I think for almost everyone... you get what you want out of life.
    So many times.. I see people have the same experience, yet one feels screwed and another does not.

#60     Aug 8, 2010