Life's Tips

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Pension_Admin, Jul 24, 2010.

1. I just want to share a little thing I discovered. It helped me to avoid spending too much time on the internet.

On my bookmark, I put everything that is not relevant to the development of my career into a folder called, Time Waster. So, whenever I get bored and wanted to browse some of my favorite sites, I would notice the Time Waster folder, and it helps me consciously get back on track.

It would be much appreciate it if you all could share your "Life's Tips" here.

PA

2. Lucrum

Lucrum

"Life sucks...and then you die"

Probably not what you had in mind though.

3. Take your mouse pad and trim it in an oval so it will fit in your cap. Then take a small plastic boll and add 1/2 in of water in it and place it in the freezer. When it freezed, take the ice cube and place it in a zip lock bag and then into your cap with the mouse pad next to your head. Then go outside and cut your grass in 100 degree heat.:D

4. Here is another tip:

Price for items in the convenient store is not really set in stone. You can always negotiate to get a better deal.

I negotiated the price for a bottle of coke from $2.50 to $2.00, and both me and the convenient store owner feel happier because I got what I wanted at a discount (not much, but it's good enough for an impulse purchase), and the convenient store owner made a sale, thinking that he was able to persuade a guy, who was thinking of just getting a $1 can of coke, to buy a $2.00 bottle!

PA

5. natural air con?!?!?!?!:eek:

6. never get married.

7. Better idea is never go into a 7-11 or anything like it unless your life depends on it.

8. Yeah no doubt! Those convenient stores with their high price are for impulse purchases and it make sense to keep these impulse purchases to a minimum.

PA

9. Order the guacamole and nachos appetizer at Cheesecake Factory ...great stuff.

10. When ordering at a Popeyes Restaurant and you want to get one of those Cajun sides instead of french fries, always, and I mean always ask the cashier how that particular side is today...or else you might end up with potato soup instead of mashed potato.

PA

#10     Jul 25, 2010