Lifeguards in CA make 200k a year

Discussion in 'Economics' started by Maverick74, May 11, 2011.

1. sunbathing is actually quiet bad for a person due to cancer risk

#31     May 11, 2011
  2. iprph90

iprph90

by your analysis, we would have to conclude that paramedics should also make $200k/yr.........many of them also have to save lives occasionally with currents and pulling out panicky 250lb guys going under.

average paramedic makes about $12-$15/hour.

#32     May 11, 2011
  3. ElCubano

ElCubano

hahahahahahaha hahahahahahaha hell nah

#33     May 11, 2011
  4. TD80

TD80

I've been here (Newport) for 6 years. Yes of course on the surface it seems to be a bastion of uber religious Reaganites (compared to the rest of the state, at least), but the key thing to remember is that people here are only religious when it suits them (aka it doesn't get in their way) and only "Republican" in the same circumstance.

This is why it has the problems it has, because there is no actual principled leadership.

Another big issue is the transient nature of the population. Much like Florida you have a population who hasn't been around long and has no real roots and thus just don't care unless it impacts them in a very direct way (aka the car registration taxes here that eventually broke Davis).

#34     May 12, 2011
  5. This is analogous to New Jersey toll booth workers making over $300k/year after benefits and overtime work.........ridiculous. CA is going down.....

#35     May 12, 2011
  6. achilles28

achilles28

Yup. Cali is going down. So is the rest of the Country. Either the States and Feds get their house in order in the next 24 months, or the market will do it for them. In a sick way, I'll enjoy watching these Government leaches get thrown to the dogs. Just wish we could save the Country. Reminds me of the Illinois Teachers Union. 10 million dollar pensions.

#36     May 12, 2011