life of Bernie Madoff

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by muller, Dec 12, 2009.

1. muller

muller

Yesterday I saw a video on WSJ TV about Madoff's life in prison.
    They said he's doing pretty fine there doing dishes and stuff to avoid boredom and getting along really well with the other inmates.
    http://online.wsj.com/public/page/bernard-madoff.html

Being safe from public anger, I just so wondered what if he wasn't sentenced but set free. Making his residence address public to anyone. He'd be tarred and feathered soon enough, if not killed.

2. spinn

spinn

Greenspan and Paulson are living lives mosrt could only dream of.

I really think Madoff is admired by a significant number of people.

3. He ruined a lot of people's lives. I personally know a family had life-savings wiped out, is on brink of being broke, the wife has cancer, the daughter college education is in question.

4. “You can't cheat an honest man. He has to have larceny in his heart in the first place.” W.C Fields

People got sucked into his "Hush Hush, only a few get invited into this special secret fund"

5. I personally know a man who's brother committed suicide in Alabama. He was a Financial Advisor who invested heavily with Madoff. About a week after Madoff was arrested, this poor guy went out to the alley behind his office and put a bullet in his brain.
    Left 2 kids, a wife, parents and extended family.

6. Mr Pain

Mr Pain

Look at this poor victim and their family

http://tinyurl.com/ykz8evx

He made a Billion off of Bernie from his initial $21M but he is a victim because he lost a few hundred million at the end. Poor family. No wonder they don't feel they have to give any back.

7. What do we call a person who robbed the rich?

8. muller

muller

a politician?

9. "a politician"

That was deep and very true. If only we could put some of these clowns away with Bernie.

10. leela

leela

Politicians rob all. Rich or poor doesn't matter.

#10     Dec 12, 2009