Life is good for NYC landlords

Discussion in 'Economics' started by turkeyneck, Apr 20, 2008.

1. Surdo

Surdo

Why don't you come work out @ my NYC health club as my guest, and see the finest ass in Spinning Class. Don't worry, you can hide in sweat pants so the hotties do not laugh at you.

#21     Apr 21, 2008
  2. Are you sure those are not amateur hookers who are struggling to pay their rent?

#22     Apr 21, 2008
  3. fatrat

fatrat

Have you ever applied any quantitative ASS-et pricing model to any of these women? I hope you have leverage.

#23     Apr 21, 2008
  4. I second that. Michigan's Oakland County (not Detroit) is pretty decent. $300-400k can get you a very respectable house with 2-3 cars garage and you never have to worry about parking or crime. If you ever miss big city life, Chicago is only 4 hours away.

#24     Apr 21, 2008
  5. Forget Michigan. The Atlanta area is where you want to be. It is a fast growing city, offers warm weather, beaches are 4 hours away, mountains, close to FL, and very affordable housing.

#25     Apr 21, 2008

6. I be pipin'.

#26     Apr 21, 2008
  7. Been thinking of moving up to East or West Harlem because of that eye candy. I love Dominicans. :D

You can get nice spots up there for around those prices. Washington Heights has a few very nice blocks, but some areas are sketchy. There are some excellent deals too.

#27     Apr 21, 2008
  8. Surdo

Surdo

It's a nice place to visit for lunch on a spring day, I prefer Santiago or Cabarete para Dominicanas!

surdo

#28     Apr 21, 2008
  9. Harlem is weird.

Some areas are choice, others not so much ... you have to take it on a block-by-block basis, and beware the fucking nutjobs, because they're lurking right around the corner.

Washington Heights is much more controlled, and if you're on the right side of Broadway, you have some really good values there. If you're talking about putting down money, that'd be my vote.

However, with Columibia University forcing gentrification, Harlem realestate does provide the greater reward, but for my money the risk far outweighs it.

#29     Apr 21, 2008
  10. Surdo

Surdo

Anything within 20 blocks of Columbia Univ. is gold.

Even West 145th Street is hard to find a deal these days.

#30     Apr 21, 2008