Life after prop trading

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by burritobob, Oct 29, 2008.

1. This is my worry as well.When the music stops then what?

I guess you can that about any business though.

#11     Oct 30, 2008
  2. Consider this as a natural career progression for a successful trader!

[​IMG]

#12     Oct 30, 2008
  3. That folks, is comedy. :D

#13     Oct 30, 2008
  4. D, do I even want to know who the gigolo is?

P.S. Thanks for making me spray hot chocolate across my monitor. :(

#14     Oct 30, 2008
  5. 0verbyte

0verbyte

from my experience, the unsuccessful prop traders left the business within a year or two and took some corporate job, accountant, trade support / operations etc. and those jobs are not that easy to come by because of that prop trading history on their resume. corporations big and small look at prop trading as a big DANGER sign.

the moderately successful traders who blew all their money cars, beach houses, coke and strippers wind up bouncing from one sales trading job to another because they still have delusions of their previous grandeur.

the very successful prop traders either leave the business entirely at the age of 30/35 and begin to actually enjoy real life or they start their own prop firms/groups.

#15     Oct 31, 2008
  6. tommcginnis

tommcginnis

Well, that's the only way *I'm* gettin' any. :(

#16     Nov 1, 2008
  7. Dustin

Dustin

I'm thinking of the one who thinks a 20 y.o. is too old :D

#17     Nov 1, 2008
  8. Prop trading is a great experience, fun, but being moderately successful is just not good enough to pay regular bills and have dependents. I moved into financial services were I’m on the receiving side of commissions rather than the paying out side. After a few years of building business up, you will even have a steady income stream from trailer and renewal commissions. And you can trade your own account all that you want.

#18     Nov 2, 2008
  9. very true. the moderating successful notation is very true for several finance related jobs.

#19     Nov 3, 2008
  10. Mecro

Mecro

LOL!

You're in for quite a surprise there, kiddo. Should have stayed with prop trading if you were making a living.

#20     Nov 3, 2008