Life after day-trading??

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by tfifriday, Feb 16, 2004.

1. Does anyone know if prop firms let you trade with them if you have a full-time job? Just wondering.. Like some newbies or someone who is risk-adverse on the west coast(wouldn't work on the east coast i suppose), could trade from 6:30am to 8:30am. Then show up at work at 9am and just work and collect a steady pay while learning to daytrade.

are there deals like that for prop traders? if there are such deals, then someone should post. Bright or Assent or Redwood would comment on such thing? That would be a lower risk approach to someone who wants the best of both worlds - 1) stability of a job 2) to try out daytrading with little risk.

#11     Feb 17, 2004
  2. Dustin

Dustin

There are plenty of guys that just to OPG's from 6-7am pst here then go to other jobs. I wouldn't announce that that is your intention when signing up, but if you make $ then they won't give you a hard time.

#12     Feb 17, 2004
  3. BECOME YOUR OWN HEDGE FUND....however measured....in the case of the newbie, I do not think it would be a bad idea to find some serious tutilage outside of some 2 bit dago whose advice is usually something to the effect of "buy it, I just did".......time spent within a hedge fund is a very nice, paid apprenticeship if you can get it.

grimer11

#13     Feb 17, 2004