Life after 50

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by Pekelo, Mar 6, 2019.

1. luisHK

luisHK

Hadn't watch the first Odd Haugen video until the end, he missed his record attempt of 2 or 3 reps, I don't want to litter this thread with too many vids from him, but he was already the unofficial record holder, 65 reps for his 65th birthday, the video is on youtube.

Last edited: May 30, 2019
    #71     May 30, 2019
  2. He's strong, but he looks borderline obese.

I'd rather look like Clarence Bass at that age.

Last edited: May 31, 2019
    #72     May 31, 2019
    traderob likes this.
  3. Pekelo

Pekelo

#73     Jun 12, 2019
  4. Is this guy for real? If yes I will start fighting. 44yrs here and am going through a phase of total lack of motivation to care for my physical wellbeing. 6'2 and 201lb, nasty belly, other parts, particularly legs in good shape. I clearly feel my body is going through a transformation, I feel fatigued, tired, have sleep issues, sweat a lot, my legs are in pain day and night no matter I exercise or walk or not. Made me completely give up on any exercises or gym for 2 years straight now. My bone density dexa scan came out pretty bad 2 years ago, early signs of osteoporosis. But nothing I was recommended or tried helps.

I know I am sub 50 and may not fit the old geezer category but I certainly feel like it. Tips, advice? I tried standing desks, hourly breaks from sitting, different chairs. My wife is Japanese and cooks very healthy food each day. Zero medications, no substance abuse, zero alcohol, and yet I feel I will check out of life soon. Back and legs are killing me and sleepless nights don't add to my comfort levels either.

bb.com-winner.jpg

Last edited: Jun 14, 2019
    #74     Jun 14, 2019
  5. luisHK

luisHK

Might come later with more input, but this guy might well be real but not natural. i don't know how long the transformation took, the more drugs the faster, some guys on steroids forum post mind boggling transformations, but totally scary drug use.
    But at 44 you can definetely reverse to a fitter image of yourself with some effort.

The guy's body doesn't scream Steroids btw, just that the transformation is huge, there are popular and sometimes very dangerous drugs for slimming btw (not my style, just mentioning it)

#75     Jun 14, 2019
  6. My stomach looks almost exactly like the guy on the left image, fuck.

#76     Jun 14, 2019
  7. luisHK

luisHK

You should go check your hormones levels, low testosterone symptoms are similar.
    Exercise will help anyway, you are not very heavy for your height, if you have a very large stomach you are probably lacking of muscles.
    Definitely get an hormone panel, guys on low test have a hard time doing progress and it is not the only issue associated with the condition.

#77     Jun 14, 2019
    GRULSTMRNN likes this.
  8. luisHK

luisHK

In HK everything for trt is available OTC so doctors probably prescribe it easily You don't need them to go on treatment but a doctor well versed in Trt should be very useful - yet not many doctors seem to be . In case you have low test it is worth reading about it, if you are around the limit read even more! I opted for Trt with Nat levels at 400, which is on the low end but still Within the normal range. It's definitely better for strength and muscle mass but it made a bit of a mess to many health markers( i m on a slightly high try dose though)
    If u are really low test, it needs to be treated according to all the literature I ve read, as u will neither feel good nor be healthy

#78     Jun 14, 2019
    GRULSTMRNN likes this.
  9. luisHK

luisHK

Can't help but post this link, one of your fellow countrymen had his diet go slightly wrong. 1000s of people use DNP btw, most don't die but i read journals and it's very rough.
    Just a heads up, people tend to point at massive guys when it comes to steroid use but from reading a whole bunch of testimonials/journals it appears slimmer and not particularly massive lifters sometimes use massive amount of drugs.
    With decent test levels, diet and exercise routine one should look pretty good ime.

https://www.ergo-log.com/safe-dnp-cycle-fatal-outcome.html

#79     Jun 14, 2019
  10. The guy is not especially large or broad, but look at his traps. You can bet your life savings that he bought a chemistry set. Some natural guys actually like traps like that and work for them, even though they'll never get that pronounced without drugs. Personally, I think it detracts from the appearance. I think the separation in his upper chest is also indicative. It's not always the size that is the giveaway regarding drug use; it's the look.

#80     Jun 14, 2019