Life after 50

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by Pekelo, Mar 6, 2019.

1. Last edited: Jan 28, 2020
    #141     Jan 28, 2020
  2. Pekelo

Pekelo

Chris Rock at 55. He learnt to swim in his 50s, and attributes his new physique to a combination of swimming, walking, weight-lifting and cutting out sugar.

[​IMG]

#142     Sep 16, 2020
    Sprout likes this.
  3. Pekelo

Pekelo

@Baron

Aren't you 50. this year around this time of the year or was the big 5 last year?

Anyhow, Happy Birthday and Welcome to the Half Century Club!!!

[​IMG]

#143     Sep 16, 2020
  4. Baron

Baron ET Founder

I am actually turning 49 on Sep. 21st so I do not qualify for this thread. And for some reason, that doesn't bother me. :D

#144     Sep 16, 2020
  5. Baron

Baron ET Founder

I'm a terrible swimmer and not very comfortable in the water at all. I know I could get better with practice, but being comfortable in the water has always been my Achilles heel.

#145     Sep 16, 2020
  6. Pekelo

Pekelo

Between water and Covid, you should make it to 50. After that, life really starts!!!

#146     Sep 16, 2020
    Baron likes this.
  7. Stay away from sugar, simple carbs, and lift weights and do cardio.
    That is the magic pill.
    Most people cant do that.

#147     Sep 19, 2020
  8. One thing i noticed about the many guys I know in their 50’s are prostate issues. I always hear guys saying it takes them a long time to urinate, a weaker urine flow. Also getting up at night to urinate. I guess everyone will experience prostate enlargement.

#148     Sep 19, 2020
  9. deaddog

deaddog

Everyone will eventually have prostate cancer. The only question is will you die with it or from it.

#149     Sep 19, 2020
  10. Ah yes, I remember when I was young... You 50 yo kids better enjoy your youth while you can! I'm turning 63 this month.

Actually I'm not doing bad at all. Retired at 57 with plenty of money. Have a very nice house on a lake. Travelled all over (b4 covid). I go bass fishing, sailing, swimming, whatever the hell I want. My hair isn't gray, I'm not overweight, I rarely see a doctor, take no pills except for a supplement or two, I still lift weights, run, etc, etc. About the only sketchy thing I do is hang out on ET! :)

#150     Sep 19, 2020