Life after 50

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by Pekelo, Mar 6, 2019.

1. Interesting. His "whiskey" breathing resembles Andrew Weil's 4-7-8 breathing a bit, apart from Weil's breath hold for the count of 7 before exhaling. So perhaps it's more natural and perhaps more user friendly.

I keep forgetting to do this stuff. Thanks for the reminder.

#131     Aug 12, 2019
  2. Pekelo

Pekelo

Clarence Bass is 81:

A Muscle & Fitness columnist for 16 years, Clarence Bass, a lawyer and bodybuilding champion, has been called
    "the most articulate and well-read spokesman in America for an all-round fitness lifestyle."

His testosterone at 80 was 788 without any TRT...

www.cbass.com

[​IMG]

Through the ages:

https://www.cbass.com/PICTORAL.HTM

Last edited: Aug 22, 2019
    #132     Aug 22, 2019
  3. luisHK

luisHK

A long video featuring Odd Haugen in Tokyo, he´s around 70 now. Much of it is interview and there are not many around afaik about him. He does pull a bus full of people and lifts a couple of DBs at the end as part of an exhibition. Worth of note is he showed up at his gym in California a short few/couple weeks ago, coming back from surgery followed by complications, so I doubt he´s at his age´s best yet :

Last edited: Sep 16, 2019
    #133     Sep 16, 2019
    murray t turtle likes this.
  4. Pekelo

Pekelo

#134     Nov 25, 2019
    luisHK and DallasCowboysFan like this.
  5. luisHK

luisHK

I posted earlier a clip of Nick Best squatting 380kgs/838lbs with wraps and a dodgy depth @49y o.
    It happens that at 50 y o he went to compete again in Powerlifting (he seems to be more interested in Strongman) and pulverized the over 50 ATWRs.
    His 848lbs squat was to depth as well.

There´s a clip of Davis Ricks a few pages back as well, he also made some noise -again- at the 2019 USAPL raw nationals, squatting 310kgs/683lbs I think @93kgs bodyweight and 60 y o. Squat was first red lighted but the decision later reversed by jury.
    USAPL is drug tested btw, not many lifters believe the top competitors don´t juice but they are supposed to at least come clean around meet time, which means also stopping TRT doses ahead of time. That seems rough lifting heavy at 60 y o without some extra test in the blood

There are some freaks out there.

Last edited: Nov 29, 2019
    #135     Nov 29, 2019
  6. Pekelo

Pekelo

104 year old investment banker still working, his AUM is 70 MM. The key to longevity is mental stimulation. Starts at 9 mins:

#136     Dec 19, 2019
  7. Pekelo

Pekelo

The Brazilian man in the blue T-shirt is 65 at 3 minutes:

This one is "only" 56:

Last edited: Jan 27, 2020
    #137     Jan 27, 2020
  8. I wonder if they have been lifting their entire lives ?
    Or, when they started.
    I'd also like to know about their overall health: thyroid, heart, joints etc...

#138     Jan 27, 2020
  9. Steroids.

I wonder how long they plan to stay on that pharmaceutical hamster wheel, especially at their age.

#139     Jan 28, 2020
  10. ElCubano

ElCubano

Sleep, stress and food in that order. We eat to move and move to sleep. Eat enough to be able to move through your day and move enough to get a good night sleep. Do not eat to store or to indulge.

With a focus on learning how to make your state a para sympathetic one, the g spot for health. Making sure you work on mobility the true fountain of youth.

#140     Jan 28, 2020
    murray t turtle likes this.