Life after 50

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by Pekelo, Mar 6, 2019.

1. Pekelo

Pekelo

I quoted the number from the website address. (well, from Reddit)

#121     Aug 1, 2019
  2. luisHK

luisHK

Checking on my mobile it looks like there are 5red plates each side, each weight 25KGS. Bar is usually 20kgs, locks are 2.5KGS each usually. Sounds riggt, possible there is an extra small plate or the bar is a little heavier than usual

#122     Aug 1, 2019
  3. Excellent post. Thank you.

#123     Aug 1, 2019
    ElCubano likes this.
  4. Yeah, I guess that makes sense. Just that 20kg plates are more common than 25kg plates, so my first calculation was with the 20s. But 25 about reconciles it.

#124     Aug 1, 2019
  5. luisHK

luisHK

25kgs red plates are standard Powerlifting competitive plates, Eleiko are the most famous but other brands have followed suit afaik. Blue plates are 20kgs, those plates are much slimmer than the typical gym plates so it looks less impressive if you are not used to them, but the weight is there
    Great video btw, this guy still kicks ass at 60

#125     Aug 2, 2019
  6. Okay, thanks for the info. Truth be told, in all the years I've been working out, I don't think I ever saw a 25kg plate. It was either 20kg or 45lbs. And, yeah, my hat is off to the guy.

#126     Aug 2, 2019
  7. Pekelo

Pekelo

Just a regular Redditor, 60:

Gym 3x per week, approx 1 hr. 3 sets of 6-10reps; mostly compound lifts on machines. Usually 4-5 exercises per session. I also run up to 2 miles at least twice a week, and sometimes with sprints interspersed.

Examples:

Day 1: Bench, Rowing, Reverse flies, Shoulder flies, Incline situps.

Day 2: Run.

Day 3: Leg press, Chest flies, Pulldowns, Dips, Side bends.

It goes back and forth like this with some other lifts thrown in.

Diet is lazy keto, and 16:8 Intermittent Fasting(IF) (Fast 16 hrs with 8 hour eating window.), with Sunday being a free for all.

I was on my way to fitness with lifting, but it was the IF that gave me the cut and the boldness to post pics. haha.

Y'all can do it. Anyone can do it if I can.

#127     Aug 3, 2019
  8. Pekelo

Pekelo

He is 57, dropped 100lbs in a year:

#128     Aug 10, 2019
  9. tomorton

tomorton

I've never been photographed without my shirt on.......

#129     Aug 10, 2019
  10. ElCubano

ElCubano