Life after 50

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by Pekelo, Mar 6, 2019.

1. ElCubano

ElCubano

Writing on the go papa. You gets what’s me talkin bout.

#111     Jun 17, 2019
  2. ElCubano

ElCubano

You know how I preach sleep. Numero uno. Meditation can help tremendously with this.

Last edited: Jun 28, 2019
    #112     Jun 28, 2019
  3. I have numbness in my left leg and left foot.
    The numbness went all the way up to my hip for several months but that part is gone now.

I have always eaten well, taken vitamins and participated in some sort of exercise most of my life. About 2.5 years ago, I noticed numbness in my left leg and I thought I had pulled a muscle. After a month, I saw the doc and he told me it was a pinched nerve in my L4 and L5 at the base of my spine.

So, a pinched nerve in my back influences numbness in my leg.

I was insistent for over a year that they were wrong, but after hearing it from different doctors and nurses 6-8 times, I began to believe them. It's still numb and the doc told me I was going to have to live with it. It's not painful, just a nuisance.

I wish there was something I could do to 'unpinch it', but apparently there isn't.

#113     Jun 28, 2019
  4. Pekelo

Pekelo

#114     Jul 4, 2019
    DallasCowboysFan likes this.
  5. #115     Jul 4, 2019
  6. luisHK

luisHK

7. Thanks for the suggestions.
    Most of them look like they are yoga related. I do yoga daily but I don't do all of the exercises every day, except for perhaps downward dog. It feels good knowing that the yoga routine I do is helpful to improving myself.
    But I am still going to follow the routines recommended.

Thanks!

#117     Jul 5, 2019
  8. ElCubano

ElCubano

Downward dog is my go to stretch when running. Before and after every run. I actually will do that stretch anywhere anytime.

#118     Jul 6, 2019
    DallasCowboysFan likes this.
  9. Pekelo

Pekelo

Dave Ricks, 60th birthday squats, 277.5kg.

#119     Jul 31, 2019
  10. The guy is very strong, but how did you arrive at the 277.5kg number?

#120     Aug 1, 2019