Life after 50

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by Pekelo, Mar 6, 2019.

1. ElCubano

ElCubano

I practice yoga and have been eating plant based for a while with the exception of some food cheating here and there ( like holidays) and practice meditation everyda6 for almost 9 months already. The most important thing is Sleep and the above will help with this and sleep will help with the above. Of everything above I mentioned the one that has improved my wellbeing, energy etc is meditation. It’s all connected. Pick up the book “meditation as medicine”.....yoga helps tremendously with mobility the mother of flexibility which is the fountain of youth. It’s the slow movements of qigong, yoga and taiichi that keep you young, energetic and feeling of aliveness. I’ll be back going for a run.

#101     Jun 16, 2019
  2. #102     Jun 16, 2019
  3. ElCubano

ElCubano

Without even doing research I’m going to say the oldest living people on the planet probably never picked up a weight in their lives. But that’s probably true about yoga as well lol. It’s all connected it’s not one thing it’s everything and the single most important ingredient is the heart. Notice you can be on one hour of sleep but if in super love you have the energy of a teenager lol. The heart papa everything from the heart....besides science is outside of the realm of mind body and soul.

#103     Jun 16, 2019
  4. #104     Jun 16, 2019
  5. You do realize that a lot of the mediation, yoga, esoteric life styles and stories and claims are filled with anecdotal evidence? There are a million other factors that may influence that grandpa Jorges in the Andes mountains turned 120 last year..

#105     Jun 16, 2019
  6. ElCubano

ElCubano

Have you done yoga? Practiced meditation for a long period of time? Im only going by what I felt. Super more mobility which equates to better posture, breathing etc. all big parts of health. Meditation has helped me reduce stress, having tosleep less, focus and a feeling off wellbeing. I don’t need evidence as this is what I actually feel. As far as mostly plant based foods I felt my inflammation go down within the first 3 weeks, I felt it so I can be totally wrong and it may just be something else. I sleep better , shit better like a champ. Lol. But health is much more than that. LETTING GO, SURRENDERING AND THE HEART.

Every healthy old person I know or have known usually have several things in common but the one thing that sticks out is the heart and how it views their world (attitude)other factors are sleep, how they handle stress, food consumption etc. As a matter of fact none have or had done weights or strength training. The focus seemed to be more on peace of mind, simple living eating etc. I agree there are a million other factors hence why I said “ it’s not one thing it’s everything”. We can only control our factors and try to avoid outside negative factors as best we can.

That being said we can all die tom from a billion things, so the above is Only more for how I have improved the quality of my life.

#106     Jun 16, 2019
  7. You are talking about the mind. The mind is not at issue here it's a very specific physical ailing. I already mentioned that I perform stretches that very much align with yoga. I don't subscribe to the other stuff, my mind is bright and works. Don't fix if it ain't broken.

#107     Jun 16, 2019
  8. ElCubano

ElCubano

Ok Yoga is much more than stretches and focuses a lot on the mind through breathing. It’s all intertwined but yes continue. Take care

#108     Jun 16, 2019
  9. Reading comprehension :D

#109     Jun 16, 2019
    ElCubano likes this.
  10. eurusdzn

eurusdzn

You are young. Numbness in legs and / or feet after exercise then sleep. Guys .....is there any lower extremity affliction similar to that carpal tunnel median nerve issue that causes numbness after activity and sleep?
    Neurologist?

#110     Jun 16, 2019