Lies and more lies. Who Said What When

Discussion in 'Politics' started by trader556, May 30, 2003.

1. *Simply stated, there is no doubt that Saddam Hussein now has weapons of mass destruction.

Dick Cheney August 26, 2002

*Right now, Iraq is expanding and improving facilities that were used for the production of biological weapons.

George W. Bush September 12, 2002

*If he declares he has none, then we will know that Saddam Hussein is once again misleading the world.

Ari Fleischer December 2, 2002

*We know for a fact that there are weapons there.

Ari Fleischer January 9, 2003

*Our intelligence officials estimate that Saddam Hussein had the materials to produce as much as 500 tons of sarin, mustard and VX nerve agent.

George W. Bush January 28, 2003

*We know that Saddam Hussein is determined to keep his weapons of mass destruction, is determined to make more.

Colin Powell February 5, 2003

*We have sources that tell us that Saddam Hussein recently authorized Iraqi field commanders to use chemical weapons -- the very weapons the dictator tells us he does not have.

George Bush February 8, 2003

*So has the strategic decision been made to disarm Iraq of its weapons of mass destruction by the leadership in Baghdad? I think our judgment has to be clearly not.

Colin Powell March 8, 2003

*Intelligence gathered by this and other governments leaves no doubt that the Iraq regime continues to possess and conceal some of the most lethal weapons ever devised.

George Bush March 17, 2003

*Well, there is no question that we have evidence and information that Iraq has weapons of mass destruction, biological and chemical particularly . . . all this will be made clear in the course of the operation, for whatever duration it takes.

Ari Fleisher March 21, 2003

*There is no doubt that the regime of Saddam Hussein possesses weapons of mass destruction. As this operation continues, those weapons will be identified, found, along with the people who have produced them and who guard them.

Gen. Tommy Franks March 22, 2003

*I have no doubt we're going to find big stores of weapons of mass destruction.

Kenneth Adelman, Defense Policy Board , March 23, 2003

*One of our top objectives is to find and destroy the WMD. There are a number of sites.

Pentagon Spokeswoman Victoria Clark March 22, 2003

*We know where they are. They are in the area around Tikrit and Baghdad.

Donald Rumsfeld March 30, 2003

*Obviously the administration intends to publicize all the weapons of mass destruction U.S. forces find -- and there will be plenty.

Neocon scholar Robert Kagan April 9, 2003

*I think you have always heard, and you continue to hear from officials, a measure of high confidence that, indeed, the weapons of mass destruction will be found.

Ari Fleischer April 10, 2003

*We are learning more as we interrogate or have discussions with Iraqi scientists and people within the Iraqi structure, that perhaps he destroyed some, perhaps he dispersed some. And so we will find them.

George Bush April 24, 2003

*There are people who in large measure have information that we need . . . so that we can track down the weapons of mass destruction in that country. Donald Rumsfeld April 25, 2003

*We'll find them. It'll be a matter of time to do so.

George Bush May 3, 2003

*I am confident that we will find evidence that makes it clear he had weapons of mass destruction.

Colin Powell May 4, 2003

*I never believed that we'd just tumble over weapons of mass destruction in that country.

Donald Rumsfeld May 4, 2003

*I'm not surprised if we begin to uncover the weapons program of Saddam Hussein -- because he had a weapons program.

George W. Bush May 6, 2003

*U.S. officials never expected that "we were going to open garages and find" weapons of mass destruction.

Condoleeza Rice May 12, 2003

*I just don't know whether it was all destroyed years ago -- I mean, there's no question that there were chemical weapons years ago -- whether they were destroyed right before the war, (or) whether they're still hidden.

Maj. Gen. David Petraeus,
    Commander 101st Airborne May 13, 2003

*Before the war, there's no doubt in my mind that Saddam Hussein had weapons of mass destruction, biological and chemical. I expected them to be found. I still expect them to be found.

Gen. Michael Hagee,
    Commandant of the Marine Corps May 21, 2003

*Given time, given the number of prisoners now that we're interrogating, I'm confident that we're going to find weapons of mass destruction.

Gen. Richard Myers,
    Chairman Joint Chiefs of Staff May 26, 2003

*They may have had time to destroy them, and I don't know the answer.

Donald Rumsfeld May 27, 2003

*For bureaucratic reasons, we settled on one issue, weapons of mass destruction (as justification for invading Iraq) because it was the one reason everyone could agree on.

Paul Wolfowitz May 28, 2003

Oil Shrub Mafia and Company the true disgrace to our country and the while friggin world:mad: :mad: :mad:

2. But people like yourself who perservere in seeking the truth do honor to our country.

3. To be fair, they did turn up a demolished jeep with a jar of Mustard in the back seat, and some little plastic tubes of ketchup.

4. Yeah, I think the picture clearly emerging is one of grand deception.

Personally, I think that even they do find weapons it doesn't make much difference: the evidence clearly shows that they truly did not know that Iraq had any such weapons, thus making the justification for the attack on WMD grounds null and void.

At best you could call it "We think they have them and we can't afford to take any chances, let's attack" and at worst "There's no good reason to believe they have any, but let's tell the public they do anyway; that's the easiest way to sell this war."

5. You ain't kidding:mad: It's all a big f%$king lie, smoke and mirrors at it's best.

U.S. Insiders Say Iraq Intel Deliberately Skewed

Fri May 30, 2003 07:18 PM ET
    By Jim Wolf
    WASHINGTON (Reuters) - A growing number of U.S. national security professionals are accusing the Bush administration of slanting the facts and hijacking the $30 billion intelligence apparatus to justify its rush to war in Iraq.

http://www.reuters.com/newsArticle.jhtml?type=topNews&storyID=2854519

This needs to blow up big:mad: :mad:

Oil Shrub Mafia and Co need to be in Jail.

6. I'm wondering about all the war hawks that were banging their chests during the actual war. How do you guys feel? Are you still proud to have invaded a sovereign nation for "humanitarian reasons" or are you embarrassed as shit b/c there are no WMD? Something in between?

7. I've been called a "war hawk" and more so I'll give this one a shot:

IMO we did the right thing going in. SH had WMD in the past and gave indications, i.e. non-cooperation, that he still had them. Too many defectors and scientists corroborated the extent of the WMD program for us NOT to believe he had them.

Were they destroyed prior to us going in? Possibly.

Why were they never used against us? Possibly because the SH underlings took very seriously our warnings about doing so.

Bush has taken an enormous personal and political risk which I feel he has undertaken because of a desire to curb the possibility of a WMD-type terrorist attack on the US AND to root out once and for all state-sponsored terrorism. I do not subscribe to the oil conspiracy theory in the slightest.

8. But the United Nations official inspector's mission into Iraq was some kind of inept joke that in your opinion should be taken to corroborate nothing? Do you think the United Nations really sent in some bureaucratic boob to spend a sightseeing week in Iraq where all he really focused on was the quality of room service and breakfast menu at the hotel he stayed at?

State sponsored terrorism. Oh yeah. Bush, and his Reaganite predecessors (including notably Daddy, former head of the C.I.A.) as well as all other United States administrations, don't have a neverending policy of sponsoring regimes around the world that practice terrorism both toward their own citizens and toward their neighbors. Including notably Saddam Hussein.

9. All that the war hawks know about or care about is their desire to drive their high-horse motor vehicles around with the biggest most blatant flag flying off it. Beyond any propoganda that can be used to rationalize this country's military actions, they have no interest in learning anything about what is actually going on in the world. "I don't know, and I don't care. I'm just Proud To Be An American, and if Bush said it it's good enough for me, and all the rest of you hippy traitors should STFU before me and my buddies come and stomp you."

10. DHOHHI

DHOHHI

Seems it was all about toppling Hussein, oil and Bush's re-election campaign. I think I may start calling myself an Independent as I'm beginning to be more and more embarassed by the Republican Party.

#10     Jun 1, 2003