Lieberman: Restrain Large Speculators

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by Trader5287, Jun 12, 2008.

1. LOL, at least your consistently wrong. BTW, I don't think you even know what neoconservatism means.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neoconservatism

#31     Jun 12, 2008
  2. As usual you bring solid provacative insights to the discussion.

#32     Jun 12, 2008
  3. Good post.

#33     Jun 12, 2008
  4. bighog

bighog Guest

#34     Jun 12, 2008
  5. I don't think JL can legislate his way out of a wet paper bag...he has alienated his core constituency in the senate, and, he is the biggest bore in the place.

If not for the growing clamor to 'do something', he would have 'no chance in hell'. Now, despite his 'both hands tied behind his back' stature, he may 'make some hay' with his bluster.

Maybe JL is willing to 'piss on a spark plug'

http://youtube.com/watch?v=PeA402b0Kws&feature=related

#35     Jun 12, 2008
  6. Phil Gramm’s wife Wendy served on Enron's board of directors:eek::mad:

Gramm left the Senate in 2002 but now has emerged as what Fortune magazine calls “McCain’s econ brain,”:eek:

#36     Jun 12, 2008
  7. bkveen3

bkveen3

I honestly respect McCain. I believe him to be a good guy and I truly believe he is running for all the right reasons. But why in the world is he letting a guy like Phil Gramm get close.

#37     Jun 12, 2008
  8. Cesko

Cesko

Agreed.
    Idiots think the problem started yesterday when speculators began to "excessively speculate".

#38     Jun 12, 2008
  9. bkveen3

bkveen3

2005- 40,000,000,000

2007- 240,000,000,000

Its not yesterday but its fairly new. The problem actually goes further back than this as the Suadi's said the price of oil was 60% over fair value in 2005. The problem has just been exacerbated by an inability to make money else where. Hedge funds do well in markets with little regulation. Can't make money in housing so they turn to there back up, commodities. Just tell me this. Why shouldn't the commodities market have the same level of regulation as the other markets?

#39     Jun 12, 2008
  10. the hedge funds are just protecting their cash from inflation from FED lowering rates to 2%

gov't can't steal from the professional investors by causing inflation.

that cash has less buying power than 5 years ago..

the private individual will do what he will do...

raise fed rate to 5% and all new money will exit commodities market

#40     Jun 12, 2008