Lie of the Year: Politifact.com

Discussion in 'Politics' started by olias, Dec 17, 2010.

1. Would Jesus want to see anyone rationed health care, either by the government, hospital administrator, doctor, or insurance company?

Rationing takes place when there isn't enough to go around...but in America there is enough wealth and excess to see that everyone gets quality health care...

So why do the right to lifers, the Jesus freaks, the right wing so called patriots want to see the poor suffer when they don't have to?

Or even guys like jem who can't afford health care for his family...why should his family not get quality health care?

Because God is against it? Or because Anthem needs to make more money for bonuses for their top executives? Or because an ambulance chaser drives up the premiums? Or because the illegals siphon off our resources without returning anything back to anyone but the person who illegally hires them? Or because a doctor went into medicine not to help people and save lives...but because he was just greedy? Or because some people think the poor deserve to die, because if they are poor it must mean they are lazy or that God doesn't love them?

Any way you slice it, there is no valid humanitarian or spiritual reason why all Americans shouldn't be able to afford quality health care, or be supported by the strong when they are weak...

#21     Dec 17, 2010
  2. 377OHMS

377OHMS

Lemme make sure I've got this right.

I'm supposed to get an education and work till I drop to pay inflated healthcare premiums so folks who don't go to school or work hard can enjoy the same access to healthcare as me?

Is that it?

And you further speculate what a carpenter living 2000 years ago in Judea would do?

Just want to make sure I've got that straight. Thats not the kind of thing I would want to get wrong.

#22     Dec 17, 2010
  3. jem

jem

I noticed you just made some bullshit up.

so let me bring you back into focus.
    My family has good care through Kaiser... I joined a larger group and saved 20 percent.

I still have 500 a month and 8000 dollar deductible per family member.

The poor in CA already have the same care or better and they do not pay for it.

so don't give me that bullshit. Obama and you need to feel for the working class who have trouble making their medical payments not the ones getting it free. The heavy burden in this country is on the tax payers... not guys like you. I appreciate the fact you live in a cave and therefore are pretty green.. but really you should get off of medical and try paying a medical bill.

#23     Dec 17, 2010
  4. If the poor have better health care than your family, and assuming then you are not poor, what better argument than to ensure universal health care and equality of health care for all...

#24     Dec 17, 2010
  5. jem

jem

Let me tell you a story...

My wife is advanced practice nurse in Neonatal intensive care unit for more than a decade. (she now works part time)
    She functions as a fellow. She give orders, can write prescriptions do some medical procedures....

She frequently interacts with the parents of the children in the NICU.

One day a lady said, I don't want to speak with you, I want to speak with a doctor.... my wife explained that accept for the attending she is the person functioning as her childs doctor for this shift.

The women said I demand to speak with a doctor.
    My wife said, hold on... who is your insurance provider...

the lady said I have the best insurance provider... Medi Cal.

And she was right. But CA can no longer afford to spend the way they do.

#25     Dec 17, 2010
  6. Misdirection on your part.

If you are not poor, and the poor get better health care than you or you family can afford, then that is a supporting argument for universal health care and equality of health care for all...

#26     Dec 17, 2010
  7. jem

jem

no its not... CA can afford to do what it is doing. Neither can the feds. Neither can the hospitals.

But, if you really want universal health care... you have to get them democrats to stop be bought by insurance... and set up a system which could work... the the crap they just passed.

#27     Dec 17, 2010
  8. "CA can afford to do what it is doing."

CA can afford to do what it is doing?

If all the so called self proclaimed Christians in America did the Christian thing and tithed 10% of their income to the Church, the Church could afford to build hospitals to care for everyone...

#28     Dec 17, 2010
  9. Hello

Hello

Jem is spot on in this post, no one from the states understands what happens in Canada. If you need an MRI, you are essentially fucked, you are better off going somewhere else and paying for it. My father has aneurysms in his brain, which are lethal when they get to a certain point and pop, and he had no choice but to wait for 6 months just to get an MRI to figure out if they were in a place which was operable.

Turns out they were inoperable, but had they been in a crucial phase where it actually was operable and it was a matter of time until they popped and he died in between it would have meant that the healthcare system cost him his life. This is only one example but it is an example that i know of personally, and there are thousands of people like this daily.

You want to talk about forced bankruptcy due to medical costs? I have an uncle who is an electrician who had to go bankrupt because his knee surgery was deemed unnecessary and it took him 9 months JUST TO GET AN MRI let alone the time for surgery, well he couldnt work/walk during that time and so he had no income.

The term death panels may be a harsh term but it isnt far off, i like the option of choosing whether or not i want to pay for good insurance down here, and i have the choice to be responsible or wreckless. If you want to pay more for insurance to make sure your covered then you have that option and should something happen you are in and out within a few days. This is not an option in government run systems such as Canada.

#29     Dec 17, 2010
  10. Lie of the year - Tax breaks for billionaires will create jobs.
    Lie of the decade - SSN is an entitlement program.
    Lie of the past 3 decades - Trickle down theory
    Lie as far back as I can remember - Your vote makes a difference
    Biggest lie of all - You are represented by your "elected" member of congress. It's not really an election when there is no real choice, and those that are in congress represent themselves, nobody else.

#30     Dec 18, 2010