Libyan Embassy Repeatedly Asked For More Security

Discussion in 'Politics' started by pspr, Oct 2, 2012.

1. pspr

pspr

White House mum. Another urgent story that the media will surpress.

White House press secretary Jay Carney declined to comment on an assertion by the chairman of the House Oversight and Government Reform Committee that requests from diplomats in Libya for added security prior to the September 11, 2012 attack on the diplomatic post in Benghazi, Libya, were denied.

“I’m not going to get into a situation under review by the State Department and the FBI,” Carney said.

Earlier today, chairman of the committee Rep. Darrell Issa, R-Calif., and Rep. Jason Chaffetz, R-Utah, the chair of the subcommittee on national security, homeland defense, and foreign operations, wrote to Secretary of State Hillary Clinton, asserting that “multiple U.S. federal government officials have confirmed to the Committee that, prior to the September 11 (2012) attack, the U.S. mission in Libya made repeated requests for increased security in Benghazi. The mission in Libya, however, was denied these requests by officials in Washington.”

The two congressmen also listed thirteen incidents leading up to the attack – ranging from I.E.D. and RPG attacks to a “posting on a pro-Gaddafi Facebook page” publicizing early morning runs taken by the late Ambassador Chris Stevens and his security detail around Tripoli.

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politic...ion-requested-security-prior-to-91112-attack/

2. pspr

pspr

3. jem

jem

some people on this site want 4 more years of this incompetence?

4. Romney should hit hard on this. There is an obvious cover up going on in an attempt to get past the election.

5. wildchild

wildchild

Obama chose to see the Pimp with the Limp instead of attending intel briefings.

The last time the Wonder Kid who personally got Bin Laden attended an intelligence briefing was on September 5th. Since then it’s been all campaign events and softball questions from media lapdogs

Obama found time to do multiple radio interviews, discuss Nicky Minaj, Hip Hop music and the Buccaneers. On September 11, this is what Obama was doing instead of attending a national intelligence briefing.

Fact: When “Pimp with the Limp” DJ Laz talks NFL with the President of the United States, we’re listening. Obama barely had managed to drop jarring references to Pitbull and Flo-Rida before DJ Laz told the President he was wearing a Miami Dolphins jersey.

“You’ve got to start with that Dolphins thing,” Obama said. “Did you see that HBO special ‘Hard Knocks’? That’s a pretty good show. As I recall, you guys didn’t win any … in the preseason.”

6. Lucrum

Lucrum

Amazing isn't it.

7. The most mind blowing thing is.. if this had happened under BUSH we would have heard about his incompetence/negligence/failed policy nonstop since 9/11/12. Just how fucked up is the media that they don't even care to assign blame where it is actually due, especially when Americans have been murdered?

8. pspr

pspr

And the incompetence spreads all the way from the top to the bottom. Like spreading a turd across a wall.

I wish I could just take my muck rake to Washington and clean some of this crap out of government.

9. Im going to ask for more security for you, luke. The Libyans might launch a camel dung missile at you in your basement.