Libra to Launch Early 2021, Still Expecting FINMA Approval

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by mlawson71, Nov 28, 2020.

1. mlawson71

mlawson71

According to newest reports, Facebook’s Libra project may finally launch – and it will be as early as January 2021. However, it will launch in a more limited format than what was expected.

Three people from the projects recently revealed that Libra will introduce a single dollar-pegged stablecoin.

The project, however, is yet to be approved by the Swiss financial regulator FINMA (Swiss Financial Market Supervisory Authority), which did say earlier this year that it has commenced the licensing application for Libra.

Libra has caused a lot of waves in the industry. It has faced backlash from both governments and central banks, PayPal, Visa and Mastercard quit the association. Still, it looks like it will finally become a reality.

It’d be interesting to see what the consequences will be – will it be the world-changing event everyone expected or was the whole thing much ado about nothing.

Nobert likes this.
  2. ET180

ET180

So what problem does this solve? Why would one use this?

Nobert likes this.
  3. Cuddles

Cuddles

Apparently facebook runs a racket similar to ebay now. So one could accept payment for that old chevy pump that's been sitting in the garage w/this crypto I reckon.

4. Wow! I can't wait...
    to continue not giving a shit.

ET180 and Clubber Lang like this.
  5. I can’t wait to buy that Facebook coin!!

- Said no one ever

6. mlawson71

mlawson71

Facebook fans, I guess?