Liberty Dollar (inflation proof)

Discussion in 'Economics' started by universaltrader, Apr 20, 2007.

1. The Franklin Mint has been doing it for years, so has the Masonic Lodge, Disney, fairs, carnivals, colleges, precious metal dealers and every company issuing coupons.
    What's shocking is how common sense evaporates when people enter the internet.

#11     Apr 20, 2007
  2. what happens when the counterfeiters start printing his notes by the truckload?

whose gonna go after them?????

#12     Apr 20, 2007
  3. I heard that they are going to assign chuck norris to go after anyone who tries to copy the notes. They know that even with having chuck norris as the enforcer that people won't even want to try. I mean come on, Chuck Norris can even speak braille and counted to infinity twice.

#13     Apr 20, 2007
  4. Chuck Norris doesn't do push ups. He pulls the world to him.

#14     Apr 20, 2007
  5. The idea is a crappy one.

If you want to hedge against inflation, then buy the gold or silver commodity, and lock it up in your safe deposit box.

There's no need for an overpriced currency to take care of that. As far as counterfeiting his notes go, that's a good idea, you're not counterfeiting real money (or in fact, anything with ANY legal authority on it), so you won't get in too much shit for it (if any at all).

Wow.. read this
    http://www.libertydollar.org/ld/faqs/convertibility.htm
    So basically, you pay full price for these "silver certificates" and if you want to exchange it for USD, then you have to exchange it at a discount. So basically, as soon as you buy the things, you lose 40%.

Even for "associates"
    Look at the top of the page for their exchange rates:
    DAILY DISCOUNT RATE
    Silver Spot $13.95
    Updated: 04/20/07 17:01 EDT
    Associate Rate USD to ALD $0.924
    Merchant Rate USD to ALD $0.924
    Exchange Rate ALD to USD $0.805

That's the widest fucking market i've ever seen!

They should be shut down, this is just 1 major scam.

#15     Apr 20, 2007
  6. Putting it in a safe deposit box in the U.S. is NOT a good answer. That would be defined as "hoarding". Go read your history book. Where do you think all the gold the U.S. government is supposed to have came from?

#16     Apr 20, 2007
  7. The coins and paper are not counterfeit. They look nothing even close to US currency. It's idiotic to call it counterfeit.

No one is buying it to "Hedge" our currency. If you think that, fall in a close line behind those thinking this Liberty currency is counterfeit.

I got some of it for the novelty and collectable nature of it. I put a frame around it and hung it on the wall. I guess one has to be brighter that the metal or paper its printed on to appreciate that and see there is no law broken in creating it.

I knew the price I was paying for the coins and paper was directly relative to the value "I" put on it.

#17     Apr 20, 2007
  8. If you buy a hooker with one of these is it still illegal prostitution?

#18     Apr 20, 2007
  9. No, since it's not real currency :p

I think you found a loophole!

#19     Apr 20, 2007
  10. True if there were a crisis I have been told by a gentleman that specializes in privacy and security that DHS has the ultimate say on if you can get into your security deposit box.

#20     Apr 20, 2007