libertarians rule

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Gordon Gekko, Jan 25, 2004.

1. 'Strawman"???? What are you, an AXEMAN wanna be??? get your own lines !!!LMAO....

#11     Jan 27, 2004
  2. By the people who use the services. It's called free market economics. You have heard of toll roads, usage tax, etc.? Again, you distort my argument by presenting a straw man argument. I never claimed that shifting services to the private sector would preclude payment.

But why are you so narrow-minded to think that interstates, disaster assistance, and everything else couldn't be done better by the private sector? Or do you just like the idea of the state taking care of your every need?

Then bow down and lick the hand that feeds you.

#12     Jan 27, 2004
  3. Straw Man is a well-known logical fallacy. Why is that so funny? Or do you get a kick out of being ignorant?

#13     Jan 27, 2004
  4. Here's another logical fallacy for you: ad hominem. So do you have any real arguments or just you just want to be insulting?

#14     Jan 27, 2004

5. easy there fido......for somebody who is so open minded and cutting edge....your pretty close minded....I apologize from the heart if i have an opinion that is slightly different then yours...are you sure your not more of a pro-dictator persuasion? You are getting awfully ruffled about me bringing up very logical questions about a) what would be cut and b) who makes the decision to cut it??...BTW...love the idea of the toll road...you libertarians are so inventive...:p :p ...whats next, a sales tax on gasoline to penalize consumption??:D

#15     Jan 27, 2004

6. You really need to calm down....Axeman is an et poster here who i like and respect and that is his signature line in almost every argument...i was joking ok? don't get your panties in a knot!

#16     Jan 27, 2004
  7. You love the Straw Man, don't you? I wasn't the least bit offended by the fact that you have a different opinion. In fact, I wasn't offended at all. I was pointing out that you seem unaware of common logical fallacies is all. But you don't really seem worth discussing this with so I'll stop.

#17     Jan 27, 2004
  8. I'm completely calm. Don't know why feel the need to respond as you do. Sounds like a fragile ego to me. But as I said, you're really not worth anymore time. Continue to lick the hand that feeds you.

#18     Jan 27, 2004

9. In addition to no sense of humor, i find it odd that when confronted with good points and very logical questions you choose to opt out and claim you are just way above all of this....ok...your choice.

#19     Jan 27, 2004