Libertarianism

Discussion in 'Politics' started by oldtime, Jan 13, 2013.

1. how long has it been since you were a "kid"?

You send your kid out with a lawnmower now, knocking on doors, and you will most likely still be in court long after he would have saved up enough for his first car. I'm not going to pay some 12 year old kid to mow my grass for 20 bucks. I got better things to do than go to court.

oh well, no use talking to you anymore. You have already passed the "Kids Today" threshold. I've seen it happen many times before. I forget what it was they were blaming me for. I think it was long hair.

#11     Jan 13, 2013
  2. wjk

wjk

I never knocked on doors, but the roadside provided my candy income from soda bottles back in the day. I remember receiving 2 or 5 cents for the smaller bottles, and I can't remember for sure but I think quart bottles might have been worth 10 or 15 cents (a prize find). I spent a lot of my time looking for bottles as a kid.

#12     Jan 13, 2013
  3. put that little old red wagon to use

I spent some time down in Mexico

and the trash, especially on the beaches is just staggering

If someone wanted to do some good for the world, all they would have to do is offer 1 peso for every plastic water bottle turned in

and I guranteeya, those beaches would be spotless. The kids would be fighting over the last empty bottle.

no telling what it would do for the gdp of Mexico

but getting back to knocking on doors, a lot of housewives dreaded loading up the bottles in the station wagon and hauling them back to the store on their weekly grocery shopping day, especially in the summer when they were stored in the garage and full of bugs

I always told them, "I'm saving up for my college education."

#13     Jan 13, 2013
  4. 1)Bullets don't cost all that much so that solves that problem.

2) non violent drug offenders don't need to be soaking up taxpayer funded prison real estate ,so that solves the amoral nature of #1.

#14     Jan 13, 2013
  5. nobody takes you seriously anymore

you just want to be a right wing crankcase because you think anybody that disagrees with you is an easily offended liberal

the shock jock thing kind of went dead back in the 90's

#15     Jan 13, 2013
  6. Your posts are always going off on some nonsensical tangent. That last paragraph??? Wtf???

1) I never said I pushed a lawnmower around town knocking on doors. who does that? I went snow shoveling.

2) Why would you end up in court for paying a kid to mow your lawn or shovel your
    driveway?

#16     Jan 13, 2013
  7. you may be right, I took it a little far.

Now the parents and the employer are subject to child labor laws.

Lord help all of you if he gets hurt on the job

Or the union shows up and he unknowingly is working as a scab.

The point is, it is not normal anymore for parents to get their kids out of the house on a snow day with a snow shovel telling them, "Go make some money."

#17     Jan 13, 2013
  8. Michelle is out there telling kids to get off their butt so they don't get diabetes and bankrupt Obamacare.

But Barack is not out there saying, "And while you are up off your butt, go make some money."

Shame, because that's what parents use to do.

#18     Jan 13, 2013
  9. Oldtime, what the hell are you doing down here? Are you that bored?:D :D

I know, I know, I have no room to talk.:)

#19     Jan 13, 2013
  10. post your dec returns 99cent.:D :D

#20     Jan 14, 2013