Liberator Online Propoganda

Discussion in 'Politics' started by 88888accountant, Jun 28, 2009.

1. Ron Paul's bill to audit the evil Federal Reserve (HR 1207) now has a whopping 242 co-sponsors -- well above the 218 needed for a majority. To symbolize the bill's solid bi-partisan support, maverick Ohio Democratic Congressman Dennis Kucinich became the bill's 218th co-sponsor. Among the most recent signers is Rep. John Conyers of Michigan, the highly influential Democrat who chairs the Judiciary Committee.

Further, HR 1207's companion bill in the Senate, S 604, is now attracting its first co-sponsors.

This is remarkable progress on this truly bold legislation. HR 1207, The Federal Reserve Transparency Act, would, according to Ron Paul's Campaign for Liberty, "pull back the curtain from [the] secretive and unaccountable Federal Reserve."

Campaign for Liberty notes that the Fed has a monopoly over the flow of our money and credit. Since its inception in 1913, the Federal Reserve has helped to devalue the dollar by a staggering 95%. During the recent economic crisis, the Fed poured trillions of dollars into the economy with no oversight, made secret agreements with foreign banks and governments, and has refused to tell Congress who is getting the money or to give Congress the details of what deals are being made.

Yet Congress and the American people have minimal, if any, oversight over the trillions of dollars the Fed controls. Indeed, current law specifically *excludes* the Fed from a thorough audit or real congressional oversight. No government agency has such an utter lack of sunshine.

Ron Paul's "Audit the Fed" bill will demand full transparency from the Federal Reserve for the first time in history by removing all restrictions from audits of the Fed by the non-partisan Government Accountability Office (GAO) -- and mandating a GAO audit by the end of 2010.

"Americans from every walk of life, across the country, are speaking out and demanding transparency at the Federal Reserve," said Campaign for Liberty President John Tate. "Members of Congress, whether they are conservatives, moderates, progressives, business Republicans, libertarians or blue dog Democrats, are listening to their outraged constituents and coming together to support H.R. 1207.

"The American people have had enough. Enough of an out of control Fed, enough of run away government spending and enough of the secretive Federal Reserve practices that won't even allow us to know where our money is going," Tate says. "And the message is getting through loud and clear as indicated by the overwhelming support for this legislation across the country and in the halls of Congress."

Hearings on Federal Reserve transparency are expected shortly, as part of the Financial Services Committee's series of hearings on regulatory reform.

"Ron Paul's bill to audit the evil Federal Reserve"

the word evil makes them seem less professional to me.

I don't know, I lost a huge amount of respect for their opinions by just reading that sentence. It just seems too biased. Real biased news seems more subtle. lol

I like direct talk, so I dont know exactly what my problem is with it. I guess it just rubs me the wrong way. :)

2. How is more transparency bad, especially with the TARP fiasco?

Taxpayers have a right to know where their dollars will eventually go.

3. achilles28

achilles28

Congrats for being a 'tard.

I suggest you do your homework on the FED.

A Private Corporation (owned by large banks and American/European Dynastic Families) that hold the economic livelihood of this Country by the Neck?!

And then a new bill out to give the Private Bankers total regulatory control over every industry AND Company operating in the United States!?!? With the unilateral power to takeover or shutdown any company deemed a threat to the economy?!?!

You don't see any tiny, possible conflict-of-interest here?!?!!

Are you that dense?

4. Mav88

Mav88

Congrats for being a 'tard.

does he get a special olympics medal for posting?

5. achilles28

achilles28

As a matter of fact, yes, he does.

[​IMG]

6. Its amazing, all negative responses attacking the person and not the argument. lol (monty being the exception)

I haven't said if I disagree with the fed or Ron Paul? So what exactly are you insulting me for? This post was about arguments in news, and not biased oppinions that attack everything and anything other than the arguments.

Its the "thank you for smoking" Arguments in news that mislead people away from making their own decisions.

to think that you can use this power to force or influence "Tards" (as you guys call them) to believe in something that you believe in, im sure for a "greater good", makes you closer to a statist than libertarian. Even if you are supporting Libertarian ideas.

This is the power and danger of hypocrisy, it makes you act against your own beliefs thus becomming the opposite of what you believe.

.....Funny pic though lol

8s

7. Agreed. It will be interesting to see if the bill passes, and if it passes will the info still be there.

I guess I should have been clearer in what I was saying about opinion vs. news.

I thought about just quoting the first line, but I felt that others should be able to read the whole atricle, as I found it news worthy.

Posting the whole article may have led others to infer that I was against the bill.