Liberals of ET, I would like you to meet Rick

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Maverick74, Jul 9, 2011.

1. And where did all that money go over the last four years? Un-winnable wars and bankrolling the richest people on the planet after they blew up the economies of the entire f'n world. Republican ideology is one thing, while their actions prove them to be something entirely different than what they claim to be. No free pass for republicans. They are equally to blame for the mess we're in.

#11     Jul 9, 2011
  2. #12     Jul 9, 2011
  3. Remind us again which wars are we currently not in under Obama that we were under Bush?

#13     Jul 9, 2011
  4. I'm not saying the dems are without blame, not at all. I'm saying that the republican party is equally bad, and equally to blame.

http://www.fff.org/comment/com0903d.asp

#14     Jul 9, 2011
  5. Maverick74

Maverick74

It's not about blame, it's about solutions. What are yours? Spending more money is not the solution. This is where our roads diverge Captain. The past is the past. What are you going to do tomorrow? Let me guess.....spend more?

#15     Jul 9, 2011
  6. My solution is about creating jobs, rewarding those that do so and punishing those that don't. Lower tax rate for those that create jobs here at home. The same tax rate for those that flatline or have layoffs, and higher rates for those that are moving more jobs offshore.
    Massive import taxes to equalize the wage disparity and cost of production between our country and the slave labor in the rest of the world. Then it becomes about quality and service. We can compete with that. If it's solely about wages...turn out the lights, we can't compete, ever!
    Plenty of rough edges to be worked out, but that's it in a nutshell.

#16     Jul 9, 2011
  7. LEAPup

LEAPup

Santeli is a Libertarian.:)

#17     Jul 9, 2011
  8. Maverick74

Maverick74

Sorry, no can do. Import taxes get passed on to the consumer and is a form of inflation. You would be essentially raising the taxes on the very people you claim you want to cut taxes for. Sorry, not going to work.

I'm all for getting rid of corporate tax loopholes which in theory would raise their taxes but then I would cut the corporate tax rate from 35% down to 15% or 20%, not raise it.

I absolutely do not support class warfare whereby you are taxing the have's to give to the have not's. Nobody wins the class warfare games.

You are actually trying to make our tax system more complicated, I want to reform it and make it simpler. I'm not about picking winners and losers. Our current President has done that and that policy has been a disaster. No thanks.

#18     Jul 9, 2011
  9. Exactly! I want those import taxes to get passed on. I want the price of imported goods to go sky high. I know you're argument will be, what will the rest of the world do to us? Tax our shit, right? Fuck'em! They need us to a greater degree than we need them. We can outlast them in that war. Would it be messy? Certainly, but we win in the end. The current situation is a loser for us.

#19     Jul 9, 2011
  10. Maverick74

Maverick74

No, you don't understand, the price of everything in this country would go sky high and nobody would buy anything. Then we would have to layoff all these workers. The end result would be less jobs and massive inflation. No thanks. I will not support a candidate who wants to impose tariffs period.

#20     Jul 9, 2011