Liberals Betrayed: What has Obama Done for the Liberal Who Elected Him?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by schizo, Mar 13, 2010.

1. jem

jem

He should get some balls and reshape the health care bill into something he believes in.

He might even get independents to support a real bill.
    Instead he is caving to insurance companies.

He needs balls the size of church bells like reagan had.

He should be telling reid and pelosi what to do.

Fix that damn health care bill.
    Maybe he could save his presidency.

Right now it is scheduled to be an epic fail.

it looks like

Carter and Bush Obama fighting it out for worst presidents ever.

I hope for our sake Obama turns it around in the next 60 days.

Mr. Obama fix that health care debacle.

#11     Mar 13, 2010
  2. schizo

schizo

First of all, I've never once voted for the Republican in my life and I will never vote for a Republican in the future. Having said that, geez, why are you insisting that it's the conservative Dem or the Republicans that are hijacking the healthcare reform? As I said above, Obama could have passed the bill when he had the majority in both the House and the Senate. The idiot squandered his chance. Sure, he would have gotten some flack from the red necks, but the majority of his supporters would have backed him up.

Second, a middle-of-the-road Obama is far better? You're clearly speaking in reference to the independents. But as I understand, the country is becoming far polarized, which sounds to me like the once-powerful group of independents is fast dwindling. Those days of one-size-fits-all approach to politics is over. While I hated Bush for his "you're with me or you're against me" way of governing, I have no stomach for all-encompassing "you scratch my back, I'll scratch yours" type of nonsense from this administration. If you think hard about what Obama admin did for the last year and half, that's exactly what they've done!

#12     Mar 13, 2010
  3. Mercor

Mercor

You are a fool. Political philosophy is not linear or a straight line. It is a circle.

Libertarians and Liberals have many of the same views. Libertarians and Conservatives share many views.
    Across the spectrum there are many overlapping common views.

For you to reject every idea because of where it originates makes you the problem in the world.

You have a very stubborn, childish and undereducated approach to politics.

#13     Mar 13, 2010
  4. schizo

schizo

Just what the hell is your point? The reason why I don't vote for Republicans is on the issues of substance and not because of party affiliation. The social conservatives bitch about individual freedom being infringed upon by government intrusion and yet they curtail woman's right to abortion without providing social support on the ground that entitlement is a bad idea. The fiscal conservative, on the other hand, bitch about ballooning deficit and taxes on the wealthy but they don't have any qualm about starting a war on false pretext. Need I state more?

No, the Dems are probably no better than their Republican counterparts, but Republicans in my mind have always been better stalwarts of hypocrisy.

As for the Libertarians, that requires a separate thread of its own. However, even as a Democrat, I do have a high opinion of Hayek.

#14     Mar 13, 2010
  5. I share your views as expressed above completely. So, who you gonna vote for come 2012 ?

#15     Mar 13, 2010
  6. maxpi

maxpi

Obumma is an example of the paralyzed left.. when they aren't in vicious name calling mode they are lost...

#16     Mar 13, 2010
  7. schizo

schizo

Unless there's a significant "change we can believe in" within the Obama administration, I'm not going to vote. I hate to admit it, but my disgust with this administration is exponentially bigger since I, along with countless other liberals, had expected more from him.

#17     Mar 13, 2010
  8. Lucrum

Lucrum

[​IMG]

#18     Mar 13, 2010
  9. So, if others with your values make that same decision we end up with another militaristic war-monger, anti-consumer, anti-worker, anti-environmentalist, anti-choice, religious Republican.

I guess if you are operating on the assumption that they will contribute to making things even worse and so bad that, like Bush, will cause Americans to flee back to the middle then that can make some sense.

For myself, I'll accept and support the middle-roader Obama and hope that in his 2nd term he will work to move us a even more closer to the middle. (Forget the rhetoric about moving to the LEFT: there is no left in American gov't.) In his first year of this term he has already changed the direction and tenor of the discussion on many issues.

#19     Mar 13, 2010
  10. #20     Mar 13, 2010