Liberal Morons call for boycott of Arizona Iced Tea

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Pop Sickle, Apr 28, 2010.

1. Opponents of immigration law call for boycott of Arizona Iced Tea - but it is brewed in New York!

Opponents of Arizona's new anti-immigrant law are calling for a boycott of the state's products - including the popular Arizona Iced Tea.

The problem: Arizona Iced Tea is actually brewed in New York.

Online, misguided tea fans vowed to switch to Lipton or Snapple.

"Dear Arizona: If you don't change your immigration policy, I will have to stop drinking your enjoyable brand of iced tea," Twittered Jody Beth in Los Angeles.

"It is the drink of fascists," wrote Travis Nichols in Chicago.

The company did not return messages asking if they planned to set the public straight.

Founded in Brooklyn in 1992, the firm was based in Queens before moving into a new $35 million headquarters in Nassau County last year.

The new state law allows cops to demand citizenship papers from anyone they think looks illegal.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics/2010/04/28/2010-04-28_ariz_law_leads_to_misfired_ire.html

2. Ricter

Ricter

That's not necessarily a problem; private label rights come to mind. But, I doubt anyone is going to work on a boycott anyway.

3. Funny...reminds me of Bill Orally of Fox News who told every American not to eat "French" fries when they didn't get on board Bush's Invade Iraq on false pretenses express...

4. This may be funny, but what would happen to Arizona's tourism industry when tourists just don't want to put up with the hassle?

5. Not sure who Bill Orally is, but if you mean the guy with the number one talk news show on Fox, then I'm pretty sure that was tongue-in-cheek. Thanks for playing.

6. Which tourists?

7. Only an intulluctyall (sp) like yourself would pay attention to ratings of Fox News as any determinate factor in value/truth/...

Oh yeah, what is number one on the boob tube matters to the intulluctyall (sp)...

By golly you betcha, those ratings of cable news shows are about as important at the ET ratings system...

Too fluggen funny...

8. That figures because that brand is the worst tasting tea I've ever had.

9. their green tea is great. and reasonably priced :D

10. PatternRec

PatternRec Guest

LOL. Classic.

#10     Apr 28, 2010