Liberal media? This study says otherwise...

Discussion in 'Politics' started by ZZZzzzzzzz, Feb 14, 2006.

1. I did not say he is, he's certainly no Rush Limbaugh, he is a right leaning Bush voting, Hillary hating, Guiliani/Bush/McCain loving centrist. Check out this link and see for yourself.
    http://mediamatters.org/items/200505310005

I posted above, 52 newspapers endorsed Gore, 138 endorsed Bush in 2000, how is that for liberal media bias. In 2004 189 newspapers endorsed Bush and 209 endorsed Kerry. Certainly not a landslide, especially given how Bush had fucked up during his first term.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Newspaper_endorsements_in_the_U.S._presidential_election,_2004

Sinclair Broadcast Group of Maryland, owner of the largest chain of television stations in the nation, plans to preempt regular programming two weeks before the Nov. 2 election to air a documentary that accuses Sen. John F. Kerry of betraying American prisoners during the Vietnam War.

Sinclair has ordered its 62 stations, some of which are in the critical swing states of Ohio, Florida, Iowa and Wisconsin, to air "Stolen Honor: Wounds That Never Heal" during prime-time hours next week. The Sinclair station group collectively reaches 24 percent of U.S. television households.
    http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A22788-2004Oct10.html

#11     Feb 14, 2006
  2. #12     Feb 14, 2006
  3. Did "Stolen Honor" ever actually air? Or was the Democratic Party successful in censoring it?

#13     Feb 14, 2006
  4. 90% of the Media is owned by individuals and corporations who are the largest campaign donors to the GOP. THE MEDIA IS NOT LIBERAL. The media caters to its audience. There is a small minority of illiterates to cater to and FOX takes care of those inbreeds. The rest of the audience requires some facts.

#14     Feb 14, 2006
  5. As is the M.O. of the right wing, they think if they say something over and over long enough, it will either make it true, or the sheeple will believe it, in spite of any contrary evidence.

#15     Feb 14, 2006
  6. Yes, it did.

#16     Feb 14, 2006
  7. Still trying to say the media isn't liberal?

Ok, so 52-138 for Bush, but what's the circulation numbers?

Dan Rather believes that the editorial page of the NYT is middle of the road - a little out of touch there, eh?

Katie Couric says in a bit about dead beat dads that maybe we should castrate them... could you imagine if O'Reilly sats we should cut the tits off a bad mother......

When have you EVER heard the 'other' side of the gun control story on, say 60 minutes..... never happen. Abortion.... never happen. Just say, the good things happening in Iraq..... almost never.

2 words to the liberal dorks.....

Liberal bias...

#17     Feb 14, 2006
  8. I don't have the circluation numbers but that's totally irrelevant, a newpaper is a newpaper. Even if people are not buying conservative papers or papers that endorsed Bush that only means they are lousy newspapers or that conservatives prefer listening to Limbaugh, that certainly does not indicate "liberal" bias. In other words newspapers don't become liberal when their circulations increase but liberal newspapers may indeed be more popular. Again if you want to talk about circulation numbers you then should take the number of people watching Fox News and listening to Rush into account.

The rest of your post is even sillier which I have come to expect from you.

#18     Feb 14, 2006
  9. It really is ridiculous.

The neocon regressives control the house, the senate, the executive offices, the judiciary, and much of the media.

And all they do is bitch about the "liberal" media having some undue influence.

Do they ever bitch at all about any undue influence from the right wing media?

What a bunch of totalitarian control freaks.....

I seriously don't believe they want anything less than a one party system....

What is really funny, is that even though they have the power, when they fuck up....they blame the liberals and democrats....

#19     Feb 14, 2006
  10. azimuth

azimuth

liberal media?? lol, no such thing!

conservatives are so in control..

i'm afraid to open my door for fear of seeing tanks rolling down the blvd

(all in my best interest of course)

:/

#20     Feb 14, 2006