Liberal media refuses to show Saddam torture videos

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Maverick74, May 21, 2004.

1. The Berg video shows the basest element of the Arab extremists, and I suppose the Saddam videos do too.

Old news in that it was not new, that we knew the Iraqis dipped thier prisoners in acid baths, blow torched them, and the like. Not LOL

What's Kerry got to do with it? Seems like you are politicizing it. LOL?

No matter where one stands on the War, and there are more than a few from the left of the political center who support the war and more than a few from the right who oppose the war,
    one should understand what an extraordinarily difficult, frustrating, dangerous, and too often thankless job the American troops have in Iraq. Not LOL.

#21     May 21, 2004
  2. Damn, I am in complete agreement. Better drink me some Pabst Blue Ribbon!

#22     May 21, 2004
  3. Pabst

Pabst

It's on me Bro. Glad we're not ALWAYS in disagreement!:)

#23     May 21, 2004
  4. Pabst

Pabst

Very moving words. Not LOL.

#24     May 21, 2004
  5. You are so right. When Saddam was doing it to his own people, that certainly would balance the fact that US soldiers were doing in a much nicer and (sometimes anally) probing way ... ?

Showing some history of torture, say 17th century wise, and equipment used throughout history would set this whole media-pumped childish whining about "torture with rubber gloves on" in perspective for all of us.

Torture is here to stay - and it's better to take all advantages available.

Why don't they talk about rape-dogs in Chile and torture centers throughout South America during the anti-communism campaigns ? That would show how evil some of the "south american non-US-backed-and-absolutely-no-US-interrogation-instructors-there regimes" was acting a few decades ago.

The media really need to get a firmer grip on this, because this constant hammering on otherwise great american values is really getting tiresome by the hour already. Stop hurting the president already, would you - stupid leftist-commie-journalists.

Noone is interested in how Iraqis are doing today anyway - it's how they are going to be free in a few decades/centuries which matters ... it's about freedom - and democratic values.

Just see the videos of the horrible torture chambers they were saved from ... imagine something like that contiuing. A few 2000lb bombs and some shell-shocking as well as riding a flashlight is nothing compared how it was - at the mercy of a no-longer-US-supported-vile-and-mad-dictator.

The same goes for the media's focus on US military and economic support via congress and private conglomerates to Israel. They're just protecting themselves - for peace sake. What are economic values like houses, cars, inventory to these barbarians who believe they will become hero martyrs anyways. They're happier this way - on their way to paradise. The palestineans are all wired and lined with bombs anyway; they blow up with the slightest vibration - like if a rocket exploded in the distance - far away from civilians. At least that's according to the Israeli government spokesperson - Ra'anan-something. Let him and that Al Gould-or-what's-his-name do some 60 minutes II and show what the "Likud Final Solution MM" is all about.

We would all understand and agree with them if we just gave most of our attention and time to the right sets of arguments.
    We could all learn to speak newspeak and go to ingsoc meetings for doublethink training too ..

(some irony)

I know that last paragraph is going to be very difficult for many - so here goes: http://www.k-1.com/Orwell/index.cgi/work/summaries/1984.html

Enjoy, :D

#25     May 21, 2004
  6. "Politics, it seems to me, for years, or all too long, has been concerned with right or left instead of right or wrong."

Richard Armour
    1906-1989

#26     May 21, 2004
  7. Just hijacked some further links from another thread ... (operation northwoods).

Is this stuff for real ? Or is it something along the lines of National Enquirer ?

(some of the first links are missing the NSAEBB directory)
    http://www.gwu.edu/~nsarchiv/news/
    http://www.gwu.edu/~nsarchiv/NSAEBB/NSAEBB122/index.htm
    http://www.gwu.edu/~nsarchiv/NSAEBB/NSAEBB122/CIA Human Res Exploit A1-G11.pdf

Excerpt from paragraph F-20:
    "M. Throughout his detention, subject must be convinced that his 'questioner' controls his ultimate destiny, and that his absolute cooperation is essential to survival."

Well, how does one enforce this rule ? Just by using lies and deceit - or some physical backup of proofs ? I wonder which is more effective when someone keeps spinning the broken record of "rank, name and id-number" and then mentioning "Geneva convention" in the same breath.

http://www.aiipowmia.com/legis/geneva1950.html

Then we have the all-impressive in-depth acknowledgement of the quintessential elixicir of the convention for those passing the army study guide:
    http://www.armystudyguide.com/geneva_convention/studyguide.htm

I would be very, very impressed by any soldier being able to summarize the Geneva Convention in such a manner as required by army tests similar to what this guide implies the questionare might be. Wow!

Maybe, it was for kindergarden bootcamp - I might be wrong. Otherwise I don't see any reason for soldiers memorizing anything else from the Geneva Convention.

(ironic)

:D

On another note, many of the techniques used in "questioning" mentioned in the G-section can be successfully used in replies on this forum. It is sometimes being used skillfully too. The manual is a good read - really.
    :D :D :D

#27     May 22, 2004
  8. Banjo

Banjo

That's because the power lies in right or left and not right or wrong. The media completely understands the power it has and applys it to it's own ends.

Humans are simply another species of animals, the only animals that don't think humans are animals are humans.

#28     May 22, 2004
  9. i doubt the right wants the saddam video out. Bush should want no correlation between whats happened under saddam and under him to exist. while we all agree saddam was far worse - there are multiple murder investigations going on now for under the bush. saddam is going to be brough up on war crimes - if people have to start drawing a line of who gets tried and not it will be hard to condone torture/murder under Bush while executing saddam.

#29     May 22, 2004
  10. .. seems to pop up everywhere.

http://www.reuters.co.uk/newsPackageArticle.jhtml?type=worldNews&storyID=516680&section=news
    "New video footage showing Iraqis celebrating a desert wedding has raised more questions about a U.S. air strike last week that killed about 40 people."
    "Brigadier General Mark Kimmitt, conceded on Saturday that six women were killed in the strike and a celebration may have been taking place: 'Bad people have parties too,' he said."
    "men dancing in a tent, children larking about and a musician playing an electric organ. The same man later appeared dead in a shroud." -- the musical terrorist scum ... what a nerve !(ironic)
    "On Saturday, General Kimmitt said no children were killed, though footage of funerals taken by the Arab television channel Al-Arabiya on Wednesday showed at least one child being buried."

At least this way - he didn't concede to saying that children are bad people. What a guy, and such wit.

Woe ye arabs, dancing and celebrating weddings, with liberation armies riding the black skies - prompt to send you all to paradise - greets you with even more virgins and partying. (sarcastic)

#30     May 24, 2004