Liberal ban on magazine size.

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Hello, Jan 18, 2011.

1. Not according the the Second Amendment.

#31     Jan 18, 2011
  2. Theres a certain amount of truth in your take of course, but I'd submit it doesn't mean we stop trying and make it all the more easy for Jareds to get their hands on 34 round clips. Even an NRA member would say theres a responsibility that goes with
    it and not everyone is upstanding enough to have the privilege.
    Some might say its a right but Jared can have all the free speech he wants but not a gun and that should go for potential Jareds.
    Thats what maybe better if not more screening would do. I just think its a numbers thing.

#32     Jan 18, 2011
  3. Ricter

Ricter

Which brings us around to the topic of rising inequity! (I do not believe in perfection, ie. "equality".) You didn't think you were going to squeeze the commie out of me, did you? : )

#33     Jan 18, 2011

4. Again, you can own a gun but not 34 round clips. Maybe you should prove your a cemented in stone upright hobbyist and
    own a range where people go to get their rocks off but
    not every member of the general public should have the privilege.
    And Jared can have a baseball bat across his mug but not a gun.

#34     Jan 18, 2011
  5. Maverick74

Maverick74

It always comes full circle doesn't it? Ricter, I've learned repeatedly on this site that you can't squeeze the commie out of any of our left wing friends on ET. They hold on to their inner commie really really tight.

#35     Jan 18, 2011
  6. My "apptitude" [sic] for "judgement" [sic]? ROTFLMAO!!!!!!!

Protecting kids? Sure... the old libtarded "do it for the children" canard. But who needs guns when Amazon offers free 2 day shipping for students?

P.S. you already ate crow for trying to take credit for your "advise" [sic] this morning.

[​IMG]

#36     Jan 18, 2011
  7. You're showcasing your ignorance again. Try to get a carry permit in NYC and get back to us. And it's not about magazines.

#37     Jan 18, 2011
  8. Ricter

Ricter

It's quite enlightening to truly accept that you very probably cannot change the other guy's mind! But it's not new; as I've quoted before:

"It is discouraging to talk with men who will recognize no principles. How little use is made of reason in this world! You argue with a man for an hour, he agrees with you step by step, you are approaching a triumphant conclusion, you think that you have converted him; but ah, no, he has a habit, he takes a pinch of snuff, he remembers that he entertained a different opinion at the commencement of the controversy, and his reverence for the past compels him to reitereate it now."

Henry David Thoreau, from his journals.

#38     Jan 18, 2011
  9. That just tells me high poverty = more senseless murder.

#39     Jan 18, 2011
  10. Maverick74

Maverick74

"If the man doesn’t believe as we do, we say he is a crank, and that settles it. I mean, it does nowadays, because now we can’t burn him."

Mark Twain

#40     Jan 18, 2011