"Liar's Poker" Trader, the real American Psycho?

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by Maverick74, Nov 3, 2017.

1. sle

sle

You are misrepresenting what I mean by the “noise”. All things you mention are a true signal and, if anything, should be amplified. The noise would be situations where the abuse is exaggerated or completely lied about.

An unrelated example. Take the Soviet Jewish refugees in the 80s that all claimed great suffering and took the refugee slots that, at the time, should have gone to people from actual war zones all across the world.

Anyway, back to this story. It’s hard to speculate about what happened here because we are reading a biased news article. The information disclosed is very emotional, one-sided and is designed to force an out-of-court settlement. I am sure they will succeed in their financial goals but at the cost of increasing public cynicism about women’s abuse.

#21     Nov 4, 2017
  2. this isn't about women being abused, this is about a voluntary exchange between a rich jon and a prostitute for Sado masochism ... Big difference... she is playing the optionality , he made the mistake of taking the risk even with a paid prostitute considering the social leverage and implications the mention of abuse towards women has.. She yes INVITED the abuse for a pay day.. now if you think that should be illegal lets talk about that.. this isn't a womens rights issue..

#22     Nov 4, 2017
  3. What was Howie Rubin long term trading/investing performance? Just curious how well monsters perform in the markets.

#23     Nov 4, 2017
  4. newwurldmn

newwurldmn

You don't know what their agreed services were.

#24     Nov 4, 2017
  5. ElCubano

ElCubano

Yes and no. It may have been taken further than was agreed upon. I don’t think a playboy playmate wants to get her breast reversed by a punch. And if he is stupid enough to do the above he has to pay piper.

#25     Nov 4, 2017
  6. True... The impression was that they were selling that service , if they weren't then obviously it's a totally different situation..

#26     Nov 4, 2017
  7. Very true but I've seen but implants flip from dancing

#27     Nov 4, 2017
    ElCubano likes this.
  8. Maverick74

Maverick74

Last edited: Nov 4, 2017
    #28     Nov 4, 2017
    cdcaveman likes this.
  9. Good movie reference "shit pushed in"

#29     Nov 4, 2017
  10. dealmaker