Leverage, I dont understand the principle of it...

Discussion in 'Forex' started by capitalistsmith, Jul 24, 2012.

1. Did you scam them as well? Returning to the scene of the crime, metaphorically-speaking? You're now implying that I am involved with FXCM... well between the two of us, I've never had any dealings with FXCM, have you?

I brought to your attention the fact that the DBFX servers pinged to the FXCM datacenter in NYC. You denied vehemently that DBFX was using FXCM's white-label and you stated further that DBFX was pricing, but using FXCM as an ASP, which was FALSE.

Then a year later you announce to the world what I'd already told you. Maybe you should've found a payphone and called Niv before opening that DBFX demo account.

http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&postid=2549505&highlight=old+slip#post2549505

You stated in your later thread that you used, "sophisticated network testing" to determine that FXCM was (AHA!) behind the DBFX operation after all! http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&postid=2709564&highlight=network#post2709564

The most ironic was that Veyron/Tango was an experienced option pro that needs American-style options on FX because Euro-style must be held (his words) to expiration: http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showt...9146&highlight=close+an+eurostyle#post2549146

You are the dumbest mofo alive.

#41     Jul 27, 2012
  2. Your T2W thread mentions nothing of DBFX which you continued to use in your demo and production account until you blew up. You defended DBFX here on YOUR ET thread in August 2009. The same thread in which you produced a >80% loss in the demo account (while crowing about a win in same) and stated that DBFX was not using FXCM pricing.

http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showt...80&perpage=10&highlight=old slip&pagenumber=1

So yeah, you look pretty ignorant defending DBFX here in 2009.

#42     Jul 27, 2012
  3. Ask yourself why Mercedes Padilla Askew has to work terrible hours because you blew-out her life savings. While you're at it, ask why you have IRS tax liens that remain unpaid for <$3k USD. You're not employable as the liens would have been paid long ago.

Ask why the guy you scammed sent me your life history of broken accounts when you and I had our encounter under your "Veyron 16.4" handle.

STF away from any iteration/alias of Hosea Askew of Antioch California.

#43     Jul 27, 2012
  4. omg.

How about your tax liens? Got a link for those?

My apologies to the OP for derailing this thread further, but this scammer got the ball rolling. My work is done.

#44     Jul 27, 2012
  5. contra

contra

I would advise retail traders do not short-term trade (as in scalping) FX. I'm not at all saying you can't intraday trade.

Trading swings and positions like retail should... they should be fine until they are up into the millions.

I am pretty sure this happens in the "Institutional" realm and platforms as well. It's a liquidity issue. They also have "last look" on most platforms, so it's not like the game is much different there. You will see more liquidity and spreads not open as wide for news trading if thats you're thing, but IB should be fine for that.

I am pretty sure retail brokers do this (spread widening on news etc) to cover their own ass, not f*ck everyone over. I am sure they take where they can, but they are offering you a service that would take atleast 5-10MM to do with a prime broker relationship. You could probably get in with a few of them for less.

VCapfx is a tier 2 prime, there are others you can get with for much cheaper then 300k, they are insane.

Price spikes off market I have seen it very rarely, and never on my broker. I most recently saw this from someone trading with Dukascopy... which I do not use, but it's usually a glitch in their server, which they would most likely refund.

There are benefits to retail service... many pros use retail as well, which is one of the reasons that it would be too risky for them to try any funny stuff these days.

The only reason I could see in moving up to an institutional platform is if you need the liquidity and relationship with a bank for security reasons and what have you. Talking millions of dollars.

If you cant trade profitably on a retail broker, being with a PB is not going to change anything.

Better if they just focused on watching markets and figuring out the interplay and what moves it, and how it tends to move etc etc.

I may be wrong here but this is how I am seeing it, as a retail trader of FX.

#45     Jul 27, 2012
  6. contra

contra

I have seen you posting this same stuff on just about every FX forum around... then getting banned or have multiple usernames everywhere, what's up with that?

I am not attacking here, simply asking.

#46     Jul 27, 2012
  7. dom993

dom993

In the stock market, when you open position (say long for simplicity) you buy a certain amount of shares & pay for those shares with cash at the instant market price.

In FX, you are trading a pair of currencies one against the other. When you open a position on the EURUSD pair, you simultaneously buy EUROs and sell USDs. Your broker requires a deposit which is only a fraction of the nominal value of that transaction, which is used to ensure they cannot lose a dime should your position go against you (as they will close the position, ie. sell EUROs and buy USDs, before it exceeds your deposit).

The "leverage" in FX is the ratio of the nominal value to the deposit. It is NOT money that the broker is lending you, whatsoever.

Think of it like you simultaneously buying apples and selling oranges (for an equal amount) when you think apples are gonna get more expensive than oranges.

#47     Jul 27, 2012
  8. contra

contra

@ Tango 6 Alpha -

I see what you're saying here with the advantages of a PB for certain strategies of trading and that being a logical progression one day, a dream for most.

I was just saying in regards to retail FX traders, they should of course know their limitations on what strategies they can and can't pull off with there limited money and tools.

Ah, and I do recall you tend to put a lot of time into your posts lol.

#48     Jul 27, 2012
  9. you take 9600 and divide it by 4.5 and that is your answer

somebody already made a mistake and got nailed

I guess you missed it

#49     Jul 28, 2012
  10. NoBias

NoBias

Quick Question, Off Topic....

Tango 6 Alpha to me means "T" "6" "A" in the phonetic alphabet,. Being an active pilot myself for the past 25 years in the private sector "non Military". I am not aware of any special meaning other than a tail number. I Googled a bit, but didn't find the military meaning.

Curious what Tango 6 Alpha signifies?

Thank you

#50     Jul 28, 2012