Leverage beyond 1:100?

Discussion in 'Forex Brokers' started by tmclimon, Oct 31, 2008.

1. Heheee, you really are clueless :D

Try a Google search, speak less and read more then you won't come across as a total moron, lol

Here you are doofus, here's an extract from an interview to get you started:

KERRY O'BRIEN: Are you at heart a gambler? Does that do justice to your most successful market plays?

GEORGE SOROS: No, I try to avoid pure chance. I'd like to be, have a better understanding of the situation than the market and then I bet on my judgment that I know I can anticipate the future better. So that's not gambling. Now you can't avoid taking risk and very often, my judgment is wrong and then I take a loss. But I only take a risk when I think that I have a better perspective and a different perspective from the market.

KERRY O'BRIEN: So when you took on the Bank of England and made that play on sterling, you committed $US10 billion, surely there had to be some element of risk in that?

GEORGE SOROS: No, that's an exaggeration. That was a clear example because if I was wrong, I would suffer a minor loss. But if I was right, then I had a major gain. So the odds were very much in my favour when I took that bet. Otherwise I wouldn't have gambled $10 billion. I would not gamble $10 billion because I could lose.

#111     Nov 27, 2008