Letter of reccomendation

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by ctenisdead, Aug 23, 2007.

1. I have always been someone who trades off the futures. After a while I started trading financials off of them. that was the only adjustment to my trading.

#21     Aug 23, 2007
  2. MattSF

MattSF

Chicago is a great school, truly hard-core. I never followed the rankings, as I always felt that Kellogg and Wharton were overrated. Quants tend to gravitate towards GSB and Sloan, so you'll find a lot of quants at the director-level who attended those schools.

Columbia has started to hire star hedgies to teach a course, most of which have limited academic cred. It does fill the classroom.

I worked at the largest IB by market cap. My MD's initials were "MM".

#22     Aug 23, 2007
  3. MattSF

MattSF

I concur with Cten with respect to keying-off the futures. Discretionary bank-prop models were often based upon this model.

#23     Aug 23, 2007
  4. this guy has three posts and he knows that my other threads are in the chit chat area. strikes a chord. does that tell us that he was reading my other threads without ever have posted. and the only thing that made him get an account was me. there should be a rule that everyone has to reveal their name before insulting anyone else.

#24     Aug 23, 2007
  5. nkhoi

nkhoi

see you already gained some respect, try to hang out with those people instead.

#25     Aug 23, 2007
  6. I'll take that advice. it was all the other ones. all seven of them.

asif
    tash
    scott
    chris
    vicky
    marc
    sat

#26     Aug 23, 2007
  7. JK124

JK124

I'd like to offer you some advice....from what I've gathered from reading your posts....the only thing holding you back from success/moving on is yourself. Don't get me wrong, I'm sure what you say happened to you at the prop firm was true. But the only reason they kept picking on you is because you let them. You seem like an intelligent person, but from what I can tell, you have no self-respect. Someone with your abilities should "demand" the respect that you so deserve. I think we've all seen cases like yours while growing up in school. Weaker personalities will always get picked on by insecure individuals whom would rather put a spot-light on your short-comings rather than have others recognize theirs. My advice to you is to move on. You seem way to talented to be wasting your time worring about how you were wronged in the past. You need to focus all that energy into re-developing yourself and your career. I hope this doesn't come off as a flame, but the only way to avoid this situation in the future is to learn to respect yourself. (others won't, if you don't)

#27     Aug 23, 2007
  8. I had a major crush on Vicky, but she got married :D
    Damn the life.

#28     Aug 24, 2007

9. pERSONALLY, i THOUGHT THAT SHE WAS ONE OF THE MOST HORRIBLE PEOPLE I HAVE EVER COME ACROSS.

#29     Aug 24, 2007
  10. You made money during the bubble like every other trader and then you blew out.

Now you can't make money cause it's not the great old days.

Move on, it's been 7 years. It has already been documented that you went nuts after losing your profits. You're not getting anywhere making up some insane work abuse stories.

What, you think you're the only that did not get treated like a pre-madonna? I have stories upon stories what it was like when I started trading. Except that I end up telling them from a comedic standpoint rather than crying about the "abuse" I and others received.

You're far from the only one who had his/her money f**ked with, as well, it's actually a common tale.

#30     Aug 24, 2007