Letter of reccomendation

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by ctenisdead, Aug 23, 2007.

1. my trading numbers after that juncture are inconclusive as I was in the middle of a nervous breakdown, however my over all level of accomplishment was very high. I will be applying to gsb.

#11     Aug 23, 2007
  2. I bet - down telegraph. I would have had a field day. :)

#12     Aug 23, 2007
  3. brother, would I lie to you?

#13     Aug 23, 2007
  4. what were your numbers like, experience - to get into haas.

#14     Aug 23, 2007
  5. MattSF

MattSF

I graduated magna from NYU and scored a good position. NYU placement is fantastic. After a few years I took a promotion in SF to be close to my fiance, who was in medical-residency at UCSF. It was actually a lateral-move, as very little trading was done on the West Coast. My GMAT was >750.

#15     Aug 23, 2007
  6. it's a concern to me. Ideally chicago or sloan would be ideal. otherwise yale or cornell. worst case scenario - I go back to carnegie mellon. or back to law school ( don't ask) but with gsb I can trade during the day and work at night. I feel that I did something and belong there. hope they see it my way. of course I need a fricking letter of recommendation .

#16     Aug 23, 2007
  7. why would anyone want to bump up their posts?

why is he visiting my other posts in the chit chat room?

again - don't reply.

#17     Aug 23, 2007
  8. MattSF

MattSF

Absolutely, your academic credentials are a minor barrier to entry. You'll need a viable recommendation unless you're just out of undergrad. The MD I reported to was highly-regarded on the street and earned $15-million that year. It's ironic that with a good letter and a 650 can get into HBS, and without you're SOL. Not to brag, but I could've gone anywhere, mine was a lifestyle-choice, and I don't regret it for a second.

#18     Aug 23, 2007
  9. I had a 3.5 after switching out of pre-med. where did you work that the md got paid 15 mil. I have met and know people who wnent to chicaggo. I somehow feel comfortable placing myself there. rankings shmainkings. there are a lot of people who would go to columbia over chicago. I think gsb caters to a different applicant.

#19     Aug 23, 2007
  10. Does this technique still work with any stocks? I know people that made a lot with it in the good ole days, but assume it's over.

#20     Aug 23, 2007