Letter from Paul Tudor Jones

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by Chuck Krug, Oct 28, 2010.

1. toc

toc

Lots of catching up to do for India in the above aspects. :D

#11     Oct 28, 2010
  2. Jim doesn't like India because of it's development ineffeciencies. Last book i read that he wrote about how India's infrastructure is in terrible need of updating and reworking.

In terms of a trade, india should still do fine. He's not buying India because of it's fundamentals excellence, but rather the trend is up and thinks it'll continue that way.

#12     Oct 28, 2010
  3. He's clearly stated even if he posted every trading rule no one would follow them and they would fail.

#13     Oct 28, 2010
  4. jem

jem

I am glad someone with a potential media presence understands the solution some on ET have been suggesting for years.

#14     Oct 28, 2010
  5. You may wish to reread the paper and, further, consider your unsupported views of markets.

Look at any quarterly roll over to come to understand why you contentions are not going to be helpful to you in any thing you do based on your contentions.

It happens that money IS made rather easily and it IS made in many different ways.

If you look at the energy molecules of various types of energy, you can easily see which molecule reduces CO-2 emmisions most. Guess what happens when supply shifts and oversupply begins. Please try in as many ways as possible to get over your contentions.

#15     Oct 28, 2010
  6. Jack, my guess is lithium. You sound pretty familiar with it yourself.

#16     Oct 28, 2010
  7. The Tudor letter gives a nice summation of how things got the way they have. It takes a high style view which honestly neglects the real truth that too much money was being made for anyone to be interested in stopping the process. I'm not sure that the concept of "analogous year" works as a principal to project market response. There is a big difference between moving money and printing money which is the fundamental difference between the post contagion year 1999 and the current situation.

You've all likely read it, but I'll post the link anyway. Bill Gross sounds like someone who pretty fed up. I suspect from his views are based on both analysis and instinct. He bemoans the situation, but Pimco has done well riding it. Pimco may be the pack leader, but owning bonds may not be the best choice, unless you already make a good living clipping coupons :(

http://www.pimco.com/Pages/RunTurkeyRun.aspx

#17     Oct 28, 2010
  8. Markets aren't zero sum, and many (e.g. stocks, zero-coupon bonds, gold) aren't even zero-sum on price action alone.

#18     Oct 29, 2010
  9. Is Tudor saying we must bomb China now?

#19     Oct 29, 2010
  10. Hey Surf, where you been . . . jail?

#20     Oct 29, 2010