letter from Ebay - what's happening with Internet?

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by radolym, May 30, 2006.

1. achilles28

achilles28

Yea. The 'moralist garbage' that serves as the corner stone for every functioning, free society certainly has no place in the dialogue between concerned individuals.

Go back to Russia

#21     May 31, 2006
  2. im sure the target of your latest missive was your local senator. please address accordingly.

WTF are you all talking about?

you think there is a real call to arms in the works here?

#22     May 31, 2006
  3. so suffice it to say that you noticed:

a) democracy has failed
    b) language is inherently limited
    c) world markets are not free markets

well color me shocked!

im sure there is an emeritus degree waiting in the wings for your patriotic dedication.

go back to Russia my ass.

100:1 im more american than you by >2 generations.

report to moderator or post something of substance.

#23     May 31, 2006
  4. achilles28

achilles28

Perhaps we should all roll over like Diligent because democracy "has failed".

True American? My ass.

You epitomize everything wrong with America - sardonic disregard for issues that matter.

And maybe we should cut off our leg too, since we only have one arm??!?

I couldn't care if your ancestors came over on the May Flower. You're a piss poor American.

#24     May 31, 2006
  5. empee

empee

6. Josh009

Josh009

Since when do we get off our fat, lazy asses about anything? I think most Americans would rather complain about the proposal, yet very few will actually get motivated to do something. This too, shall come to pass, as many injustices before it.

"The man who trades freedom for security does not deserve nor will he ever receive either."
    -Benjamin Franklin

#26     May 31, 2006
  7. Agree. But in this case I doubt they (big co) will win.

#27     May 31, 2006
  8. nbates

nbates

Once we get Gore back in the Whitehouse, he'll take care of all...remember, he created the Internet!
    :D

#28     May 31, 2006
  9. Josh009

Josh009

Oh, good!
    I feel much better now! :D

#29     May 31, 2006
  10. Would "Internet2" move to censor the unapproved thoughts of others. Is achilles28 correct in his assumption?

Is there a self-presumed credentialed class that would impose such controls?
    Does this bent for control exist?

"Education should aim at destroying free will, so that, after pupils have left school, they shall be incapable, throughout the rest of their lives, of thinking or acting otherwise than as their schoolmasters would have wished. . . . Diet, injections, and injunctions will combine, from a very early age, to produce the sort of character and the sort of beliefs that the authorities consider desirable, and any serious criticism of the powers that be will become psychologically impossible."
    Bertrand Russell: 1953 [2]2. Bertrand Russell, The Impact of Science on Society, Simon and Schuster, New York, 1953, p. 50.

#30     May 31, 2006