letter from Ebay - what's happening with Internet?

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by radolym, May 30, 2006.

1. achilles28

achilles28

"Internet2" will be heavily regulated, monitored and policed.

The free and limitless potential to create and share ideas by the masses, for the masses, is going bye bye.

Any site that publishes anti-establishment material critical of Government, Corporate America, media, elected leaders -- gone. All branded some form of 'hate speech' our new and improved Internet will 'protect' us from.

Hope you like the new freedom, boys and girls.

The internet is the last viable medium the masses have to awaken each other and turn this thing around.

The elite are far too learned and have far too many tools to engineer public perception this late in the game.

Once the internet goes down, media will return into the establishments hands and so to it, their ability to control the lens through which the masses perceive reality.

Corporations want it because they'll make bank sitting atop a phoney monopoly.

Government will pass it because it'll further encroach their regulatory and tax collecting power into our lives.

And the American public will accept it because they are downtrodden sheep who are eternally placated with the bread and circus of the day.

Very sad.

#11     May 31, 2006
  2. thanks for the lesson.

the major media companies are an oligopoly, and some have total monopoly power in different regions. further, they have enormous lobbies and legislative influence.

that situation does not lend itself to "capatilism," much less to the free market-style competition you seem to be confusing it with.

#12     May 31, 2006
  3. I think it's about Skype. (Ebay purchased Skype, a free internet comunication provider)

And I think the sun will rise from the west before Americans let the internet be regulated.

#13     May 31, 2006
  4. achilles28

achilles28

Good point.

The end result of lassie faire capitalism is monopoly, or Corporate Fascism.

#14     May 31, 2006
  5. BSAM

BSAM

Once in a great while I agree with something ES posts. This is one of those times.

#15     May 31, 2006
  6. BSAM

BSAM

There is a lot of truth to this statement. Furthermore, I surely hope this idea isn't pushed too strongly before the little heathen leaves the White House. If it will benefit big business and hurt the average American, he will surely be in favor of this proposal.

#16     May 31, 2006
  7. mhashe

mhashe

The "Powers that be" are scared shitless about the ability to rapidly disseminate info via the internet. I'm suprised they have'nt shut down Google video by now.

#17     May 31, 2006
  8. achilles28

achilles28

Exactly. And thats exactly why they're gonna shut this whole thing down real soon.

People are waking up. The population will reach critical mass soon and they wont be able to contain it.

#18     May 31, 2006
  9. achilles28

achilles28

Yell it from the rooftops, man. People need to hear this.

There are too many asleep and far too few awake.

I agree. Bush will push it. But so will any dem. Both sides of the aisle will not hesitate to rape your freedoms and your pay check.

#19     May 31, 2006
  10. i cannot believe that any of this moralist garbage has a forum here.

the revolution will not only be un-televised, it will not happen at all. take it to the rainbow board.

#20     May 31, 2006