Letter from a Dodge Dealer

Discussion in 'Economics' started by Tauvros, May 20, 2009.

1. Selling something that people don't want and then blame the gov't?

Sue Chrysler, but good luck and get in line.

#41     May 20, 2009
  2. Sushi

Sushi

thing simply don't work this way. Letter is prank clearly. Get real

#42     May 20, 2009
  3. Brandonf

Brandonf Sponsor

The auto companies have been very strongly urging them to INCREASE their inventory. And with everyone under the gun, afraid they would lose their franchise, how many do you think had the stones to say no?

#43     May 20, 2009
  4. #44     May 20, 2009
  5. bozwood

bozwood

YOU aren't the one missing anything. That's the whole point. Another dealership is going to get all his business for free.

#45     May 20, 2009
  6. lindq

lindq

One of the news networks aired an interview with a dealer yesterday, in which she was making the same complaints.

Sorry, but I have absolutely no sympathy for any of them.

First, they made big bucks for many years without putting in the necessary work to improve their vehicles and compete.

Second, the dealers made the decision to make an alliance with a particular manufacturer. Nobody forced them to go into business selling cars.

Third, the writing has been on the wall for years as to where sales were going with this company. They had time to make the necessary plans. If they were smart, they could have sold the dealership a few years ago.

Fourth, if the dealership was indeed strong in their marketplace, they wouldn't be losing their business to other dealers. Who in the hell ever said that a dealership selling anything has a God-given right to exist.

Out of business? TOUGH SHIT. Stand in line with thousands of other businesses and employees and realtors and investment advisors and lenders and builders and waiters and chefs and etc. etc. etc.

As somebody who has made my own way for many years - often going through challenging times - I really get damn sick and tired of hearing excuses for why people are failing, or can't get ahead. And now to hear these dealers blame the government is just too much. What a load of crap.

#46     May 20, 2009
  7. Sushi

Sushi

#47     May 20, 2009
  8. I don't know if it is, but the story is front page news today. Rural Canadian dealers are expressing the same sentiment.

Maybe try an RSS newsfeed?

By the way, it's 'crapola', not 'crappola'. That's free information for you, courtesy of ET.
    +1

#48     May 20, 2009
  9. clacy

clacy

Regardless of whether this letter if forged or not (you should provide proof since YOU made this allegation and others have provided links).............

This is happening. I had lunch with my buddy who owns a Chrysler dealership that was yanked. The article is almost identical to what I've been told about this over the past 3 or 4 days.

He has GM as well, so his dealership will survive for the time being. But, Chrysler forced them to take on a lot of inventory and provided no warning before yanking the dealership. He has over $150k worth of parts on that are worthless and a lot of cars that he won't be able to offer a factory warranty with in a little over a week.

Please refute anything that you feel is false.

#49     May 20, 2009
  10. #50     May 20, 2009