Letter from a Dodge Dealer

Discussion in 'Economics' started by Tauvros, May 20, 2009.

1. Wranglers have, and always have had, among the very best resale value of any vehicles, period.

You can't kill their engines, you can't kill their 4x4 systems (if outfitted with full regalia protection such as skid plates, oil pan cover, etc.), and they'll take you places a Landcruiser could only dream of going.

#31     May 20, 2009
  2. Corelio

Corelio

At least it looks like that the Indiana state pension fund is gong to throw a wrench on the 363 sale.

So much for a fast and smooth 363 sale...now I want to see if the current administration will call the investors of a state fund "greedy and evil" since they are mostly made up of teachers, police officers and other public employees.

:D

#32     May 20, 2009
  3. Has the protocol for deciding which dealerships stay open and which are closed been revealed?

#33     May 20, 2009
  4. trendy

trendy

Ditto. I've had at least 5 Grand Cherokees over the last 20 years (not including a month-old one I rolled-over on its roof on the Interstate). All have been quiet, no squeaks or rattles, any problems occurred within warranty period) Now, with the proposed Fiat merger, I'm not so sure I'd buy another one.

#34     May 20, 2009
  5. So true, and have owned FJ 'cruisers as well as later behemoth iterations, as well as LR Defender.

#35     May 20, 2009
  6. Yeah, I've owned the standard "box" Cherokee and love it, so much interior space. I agree that it's a tougher sell now

#36     May 20, 2009
  7. Cars may be better now, but when I bought my 1st car, it was a pos.

So after that I just bought Toyotas, and have been happy since.

They lost many customers a long time ago, and that was the problem.

#37     May 20, 2009
  8. Sushi

Sushi

Letter is obviously phony. Geeeez you belive anything

#38     May 20, 2009
  9. clacy

clacy

Chrysler made it impossible for dealers to lower inventories and in fact the actaully had been "force feeding" the dealers in recent months by making them load up on vehicles (even though nothing was selling).

The tactic they used, was to offer heavy incentives on their cars. In order to qualify for the incentives, dealers had to take much larger inventories than they would have normally taken under the economic conditions. If you don't take the high inventory, then you don't get the incentives. If you don't get the incentives, you can't compete on price. If you can't compete on price, you don't sell anything, obviously.

#39     May 20, 2009
  10. new$

new$

Isn’t the issue that the owner of a purchased asset is having it forcibly taken from him and given to someone without compensation? If they can do it to him, why not your house or anything else you own?

:( :eek: :confused:

#40     May 20, 2009